This article needs to be updated.October 2020)(
|• Mayor||Fazlı Aydoğan (AKP)|
|• Kaymakam||Faik Arıcan|
|• District||1,427.77 km2 (551.27 sq mi)|
|Elevation||1,230 m (4,040 ft)|
|• District density||58/km2 (150/sq mi)|
The town of Afşin had a population of roughly 43,217 in 2012. Its economy consists mainly of agriculture although in recent years the industry has been developing slowly.
Afşin-Elbistan power stationsEdit
Two coal fired power stations are operational and are said to be damaging health via air pollution. A third is proposed.
- "Area of regions (including lakes), km²". Regional Statistics Database. Turkish Statistical Institute. 2002. Retrieved 2013-03-05.
- "Population of province/district centers and towns/villages by districts - 2012". Address Based Population Registration System (ABPRS) Database. Turkish Statistical Institute. Retrieved 2013-02-27.
- "Kahramanmaraş'ta kanserin kol gezdiği mahalle santral nedeniyle göz göre göre yok oluyor" (in Turkish). Retrieved 2020-10-05.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Afşin.|
- District governor's official website (in Turkish)
- District municipality's official website (in Turkish)
|This article about a Mediterranean Region of Turkey location is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|