This article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2019) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Advantest Corporation (株式会社アドバンテスト) is a leading manufacturer of automatic test equipment (ATE) for the semiconductor industry, and a manufacturer of measuring instruments used in the design, production and maintenance of electronic systems including fiber optic and wireless communications equipment and digital consumer products. Based in Tokyo, Advantest produces Memory, SoC and RF test systems.
|Kabushiki gaisha Adobantesuto|
|Traded as||TYO: 6857|
|Revenue||US$1.8 billion (2018)|
|US$218.53 million (2018)|
|US$162.92 million (2018)|
Number of employees
Advantest was founded in Japan in 1954 as Takeda Riken Industry Co., Ltd., and was a maker of electronic measuring instruments. The company entered the semiconductor testing business in 1972, began trading on the Tokyo Stock Exchange in 1983 and changed its name to Advantest Corporation in 1985. The company’s stock began trading on the New York Stock Exchange in 2001.
Expanding its semiconductor test business, Advantest established its North American subsidiary, Advantest America, in 1982, and its European operations in Munich in 1983, to locate its sales and service operations closer to its North American and European customers. The company also has subsidiaries throughout Asia and operates in 13 countries. With the integration with Verigy completed, the company currently has approximately 4,500 employees worldwide.
In 2002, Advantest was one of the founding member companies that established the Semiconductor Test Consortium (STC)—the first international, industry-wide collaboration aimed at developing a highly scalable, flexible test platform to reduce the cost of test of SoCs and other advanced ICs that incorporate complex technologies such as copper interconnects, sub-100 nm device geometries and 300mm wafers.
Advantest has three reportable segments of business: semiconductor and component test systems; mechatronics (handlers); and services, support and others.
- Business Tokyo, Tokyo: Keizaikai Co., 1 (1): 34, 1987, ISSN 0914-0026, OCLC 15641679CS1 maint: untitled periodical (link)
- "Advantest begins trading on NYSE, but sales to fall 53% in fiscal 2002". EDN. 17 September 2001. Retrieved 24 November 2020.
- "Verigy acquired by Advantest for $1.1B". www.bizjournals.com. Retrieved 2020-09-22.
- "Advantest expands own efforts to drive ATE standards". eetimes.com. Retrieved 22 September 2020.
- Matt Glynn (15 November 2018). "Astronics sells semiconductor test business for $185 million". buffalonews.com. Retrieved 7 July 2020.