Advanced Materials is a weekly peer-reviewed scientific journal covering materials science. It includes communications, reviews, and feature articles on topics in chemistry, physics, nanotechnology, ceramics, metallurgy, and biomaterials. According to the Journal Citation Reports, the journal has a 2018 impact factor of 25.809.<ref name=WoS>"Advanced Materials". 2018 Journal Citation Reports. Web of Science (Science ed.). Clarivate Analytics. 2019.
|Edited by||Peter Gregory|
The journal was established in 1988 as a supplement to the general chemistry journal Angewandte Chemie and remained part of that journal for the first 18 months of its existence. The founding editor-in-chief was Peter Goelitz (the editor of Angewandte Chemie). The current editor-in-chief is Peter Gregory.
Originally the journal appeared monthly; it switched to 15 issues in 1997, 18 issues in 1998, and 24 issues in 2000. Since 2009 it has been published weekly, with 48 issues per year.
As the volume of research in materials science increased significantly since the 1990s, several journals were spun off, including:
- Advanced Engineering Materials, 1999
- Advanced Functional Materials, 2001
- Small, 2005
- Advanced Energy Materials, 2011
- Advanced Healthcare Materials, 2012
- Advanced Optical Materials, 2013
- Advanced Materials Interfaces, 2014
- Advanced Electronic Materials, 2015
- Advanced Materials Technologies, 2016
- Small Methods, 2017
- Solar RRL, 2017