Adrian Wooldridge (born 11 November 1959) is the management editor and, since 1 April 2017, the 'Bagehot' columnist for The Economist newspaper. He was formerly the 'Schumpeter' columnist. Until July 2009, he was The Economist's Washington Bureau chief and the 'Lexington' columnist.
Wooldridge was educated at Balliol College, Oxford, where he studied modern history and was awarded a fellowship at All Souls College, also at Oxford University, where he received a doctorate in philosophy in 1985. From 1984 to 1985, he was also a Harkness Fellow, at the University of California at Berkeley.
- Wooldridge, Adrian (1994). Measuring the mind : education and psychology in England c.1860-1990. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press.
- — (18 April 2015). "Family companies". Special Report. The Economist. 415 (8934).
- — (18 April 2015). "A very British business : some lessons from the success of Britain's elite private schools". Schumpeter. The Economist. 415 (8934): 56.
- Greenspan, Alan; Wooldridge, Adrian (2018). Capitalism in America: A History. New York: Penguin Press.
- The Aristocracy of Talent: How Meritocracy Made the Modern World 2021
Co-wrote (with fellow Economist journalist John Micklethwait):
- The Witch Doctors: Making Sense of the Management Gurus (1996)
- A Future Perfect: The Challenge and Promise of Globalization (2000)
- The Company: A Short History of a Revolutionary Idea (2003)
- The Right Nation: Conservative Power in America (2004)
- God is Back: How the Global Revival of Faith Is Changing the World (2009)
- The Fourth Revolution: The Global Race to Reinvent the State (2014
- The Wake-Up Call: Why the Pandemic Has Exposed the Weakness of the West, and How to Fix It 2020
- "Speaker profile at Leigh Bureau". Archived from the original on 28 October 2012. Retrieved 17 August 2008.
- The Economist often changes the title of a print article when it is published online. This article is titled "To those that have" online.
- "UCLA Anderson School of Management Announces 2017 Gerald Loeb Award Winners". UCLA Anderson School of Management. 27 June 2017. Retrieved 31 January 2019.
- Journalist profile at The Economist
- Adrian Wooldridge's final Lexington column
- Appearances on C-SPAN