She is a co-founder of the Argentinian Astronomical Association (Spanish: Asociación Argentina de Astronomía) and an active member of the International Astronomical Union (IAU), where she has been affiliated with several of its commissions. As of 2017, she is a member of IAU's Division G, "Stars and Stellar Physics". Her research includes more than 100 publications in the field of stellar spectroscopy.
Born in La Plata, Argentina, she studied astronomy at the Escuela Superior de Astronomía y Geofísica with her fellow students Nora Schreiber and Elsa Guttierez. In 1958, she began working at the Félix Aguilar Observatory. She was married to prominent Argentinean astrophysicist Jorge Sahade (1915–2012), a director of the La Plata and Cordoba Observatories and former president of the IAU, with whom she published on stellar spectroscopy.
The main-belt asteroid 5793 Ringuelet, discovered by the staff of the Félix Aguilar Observatory at El Leoncito in 1975, was named in her honor. Naming citation was published on 26 September 2007 (M.P.C. 60727).
- 2605 Sahade, main-belt asteroid named after Jorge Sahade
- "5793 Ringuelet (1975 TK6)". Minor Planet Center. Retrieved 7 March 2017.
- "Adela E. Ringuelet". IAU – International Astronomical Union. Retrieved 7 March 2017.
- Schmadel, Lutz D. (2007). "(2605) Sahade". Dictionary of Minor Planet Names – (2605) Sahade. Springer Berlin Heidelberg. p. 213. doi:10.1007/978-3-540-29925-7_2606. ISBN 978-3-540-00238-3.
- Ringuelet, A. E.; Sahade, J. (June 1984). "CA II in HD 190073 Revisited". The Messenger. 36 (36): 23. Bibcode:1984Msngr..36...23R.
- "MPC/MPO/MPS Archive". Minor Planet Center. Retrieved 7 March 2017.
- History of the A.A.A., (Asociación Argentina de Astronomía) (in Spanish)
- Aniversario del Observatorio Astronómico de la UNLP, images of Ringuelet, Sahade and other astronomers (in Spanish)
- Asteroides argentinos, list of minor planets (in Spanish)