Aday with Girona in 2018
|Full name||Francisco Aday Benítez Caraballo|
|Date of birth||16 December 1987|
|Place of birth||Sentmenat, Spain|
|Height||1.79 m (5 ft 10 1⁄2 in)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 18 August 2019|
Born in Sentmenat, Barcelona, Catalonia, Aday finished his formation at local EC Granollers, making his senior debuts with neighbouring CE Premià in Tercera División. He first arrived in Segunda División B in 2009 when he joined UE Sant Andreu, contributing with 25 games and two goals in his first season as the team failed to promote in the play-offs.
On 5 July 2013, Aday moved to CD Tenerife, freshly promoted to Segunda División. On 1 September he made his debut as a professional, playing the last 22 minutes of a 0–2 away loss against CD Mirandés.
On 16 July 2014, Aday joined fellow league team Girona FC after terminating his contract with the Canarian club. On 4 October he scored his first professional goal, netting the second in a 3–0 home win over SD Ponferradina.
Aday featured regularly for the Blanquivermells in the following campaigns, contributing with 35 appearances during the 2016–17 season as his side achieved promotion to La Liga for the first time ever. He made his debut in the competition on 19 August 2017, starting in a 2–2 home draw against Atlético Madrid.
Aday scored his first goal in the Spanish top level on 23 October 2017, netting the opener through a penalty kick in a 2–1 away defeat of Deportivo de La Coruña. The following 7 February, he extended his contract until 2021.
- Pau y Aday, O.K. y Mikel Álvaro ya está casi hecho (Pau and Aday, OK and Mikel Álvaro almost done); Mundo Deportivo, 8 July 2009 (in Spanish)
- Fichan a David Haro y Aday (David Haro and Aday are signed); Mundo Deportivo, 3 June 2011 (in Spanish)
- Aday es nuevo jugador del Tenerife (Aday is a new Tenerife player); Marca, 5 July 2013 (in Spanish)
- El Mirandés quiso y pudo (Mirandés wanted it and got it); Marca, 1 September 2013 (in Spanish)
- Aday Benítez jugará en el Girona (Aday Benítez will play in Girona); Marca, 16 July 2014 (in Spanish)
- Máxima efectividad de un Girona que recupera la buena línea (Maximum effectiveness from back-on-track Girona); Marca, 4 October 2014 (in Spanish)
- El ADN del Atlético no se ficha (You can't sign Atlético's DNA); Marca, 19 August 2017 (in Spanish)
- "1–2. El Girona se estrena a domicilio en Primera a costa del Dépor" [1–2. Girona get first away from home in Primera at the expense of Dépor] (in Spanish). EFE. 23 October 2017. Retrieved 14 December 2018.
- "Aday, rojiblanco hasta 2021" [Aday, red-and-white until 2021] (in Spanish). Girona FC. 7 February 2018. Retrieved 12 November 2018.