- 1911: Anna Karenina (1911 film), a French/Russian adaptation directed by Maurice André Maître.
- 1914: Anna Karenina (1914 film), a Russian adaptation directed by Vladimir Gardin.
- 1915: Anna Karenina (1915 film), an American version starring Danish actress Betty Nansen.
- 1917: "Daughter of Anna Karenina" (Дочь Анны Карениной), by screenwriter, director Alexander Arkatov.
- 1918: Anna Karenina (1918 film), a Hungarian adaptation directed by Márton Garas.
- 1920: Anna Karenina (1920 film), a German silent historical film directed by Frederic Zelnik and starring Lya Mara, Johannes Riemann, and Heinrich Peer.
- 1927: Love (1927 film), an American version, starring Greta Garbo and directed by Edmund Goulding. This version featured significant changes from the novel and had two different endings, with a happy one for American audiences.
- 1935: Anna Karenina (1935 film), one of the most famous and critically acclaimed version, starring Greta Garbo and Fredric March and directed by Clarence Brown.
- 1948: Anna Karenina (1948 film) starring Vivien Leigh, Ralph Richardson and directed by Julien Duvivier.
- 1953: Anna Karenina (1953 film), a Russian version directed by Tatyana Lukashevich.
- 1954: Panakkaari, a Tamil language adaptation directed by K. S. Gopalakrishnan
- 1960: Nahr al-Hob (River of Love), an Egyptian movie directed by Ezzel Dine Zulficar
- 1967: Anna Karenina (1967 film), a Russian version directed by Alexander Zarkhi with music by Rodion Shchedrin.
- 1976: Anna Karenina, a Russian ballet version directed by Margarita Pilikhina.
- 1985: Anna Karenina (1985 film), a U.S. TV movie starring Jacqueline Bisset and Christopher Reeve, directed by Simon Langton.
- 1997: Anna Karenina (1997 film), the first American version to be filmed entirely on locations in Russia, directed by Bernard Rose and starring Sophie Marceau and Sean Bean.
- 2012: Anna Karenina (2012 film), one of the most popular British versions directed by Joe Wright, starring Keira Knightley.
- 1961: Anna Karenina, a BBC Television adaptation directed by Rudolph Cartier, starring Claire Bloom and Sean Connery.
- 1977: Anna Karenina, a ten-episode BBC series, directed by Basil Coleman and starred Nicola Pagett, Eric Porter and Stuart Wilson.
- 2000: Anna Karenina, a four-part British Channel 4 TV adaptation directed by David Blair and starring Helen McCrory. Aired in America on PBS Masterpiece Theatre in 2001.
- 2013: Anna KareNina, a Filipino drama series directed by Gina Alajar
- 2013: Anna Karenina, an Italian version for the Rai 1 network, directed by Christian Duguay and starring Vittoria Puccini
- 2015: The Beautiful Lie, an Australian mini-series aired on the ABC.
- Upcoming Netflix miniseries is set in 21st century in Russia with Svetlana Khodchenkova in lead role 
- 1992: Anna Karenina, an ill-fated Broadway musical adaptation.
- 1994: Anna Karenina, musical by Hungarian authors Tibor Kocsák (music) and Tibor Miklós (book and lyrics)
- 2016: Anna Karenina, an original Russian-language musical produced by the Moscow Operetta Theatre (live-recording filmed in 2018).