This article needs additional citations for verification. (October 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Adamson University is a private and Catholic university in Manila, Philippines, founded on June 20, 1932, by Greek immigrant George Lucas Adamson as the Adamson School of Industrial Chemistry. On February 5, 1941, the school was granted university status by the Department of Education, and on December 4, 1964, the university was turned over to the Vincentian Fathers of the Congregation of the Mission and was incorporated into the Adamson-Ozanam Education Institutions, Inc. Adamson University is also a Member of the University Athletics Association of the Philippines. Its patron saint is Saint Vincent de Paul.
|Adamson School of Industrial Chemistry (1932-1936)|
Adamson School of Industrial Chemistry and Engineering (1936-1941)
|Motto||Veritas in Caritate (Latin)|
Motto in English
|Truth in Charity|
|Type||Private, Roman Catholic, Research Non-profit Coeducational Basic and Higher education institution|
|Established||June 20, 1932|
|Founder||George Lucas Adamson|
|ASAIHL, ACUP, CEAP, COCOPEA, FAAP, IAU, IFCU, PAASCU, PACU, PACUCOA, SMIIC|
|President||Marcelo V. Manimtim|
|Vice-president||Rafael K. Eloriaga (VP for Financial Affairs)|
Andrew S. Bayal (VP for Student Affairs)
Catherine Q. Castañeda ( VP for Academic Affairs)
Venusmar C. Quevedo (VP for Administrative Affairs)
|Principal||Daniel B. Saroca Jr.|
(Grade School & Jr.High School) Lorna A. Espeso
(Senior High School)
|Students||16,247 (S.Y. 2015-2016)|
900 San Marcelino St., Ermita, Manila,
|Campus||Urban 10.7 hectares|
|Patron saint||Saint Vincent de Paul.|
|Alma Mater song||Adamson Hymn|
|Athletics||Varsity team names:|
(college men's varsity teams)
(college women's varsity teams)
(High School boys' varsity teams)
Lady Baby Falcons
(High School girls' varsity teams)
|UAAP PVL FilOil Flying V Preseason Cup PBL|
Adamson University has programs in graduate school, law, the liberal arts, sciences, engineering, nursing, pharmacy, architecture, business administration, and education, as well as secondary, elementary, and preparatory education. Adamson University has eight courses listed as centers of development and centers of excellence by the Commission on Higher Education and has been granted Autonomous status.
Adamson University was included in the top 201+ universities in Asia in the Quacquarelli Symonds Asia University Rankings 2011. This made Adamson University as top 9 in the rankings nationwide and top 5 in the Metro Manila area.
Adamson University is located in San Marcelino Street, Ermita in Manila. The Technological University of the Philippines, Santa Isabel College Manila, Emilio Aguinaldo College, and Philippine Normal University are its nearest neighbors. Adamson University has seven buildings occupying 10.7 hectares of land.
Politics and governanceEdit
- Ruthlane Uy Asmundson, former mayor of Davis, California
- Angelito Gatlabayan, former City Mayor and Representative of the 2nd District of Antipolo
- Kenneth Duremdes, basketball player, UNTV Cup Senate Defenders Head Coach, Adamson Falcons Head Coach (2014-2015) 
- Alex Nuyles, basketball player
- Louie Alas, Letran Knights coach
- Chad Alonzo, basketball player
- Lester Alvarez, basketball player
- Marlou Aquino, basketball player
- Ken Bono, basketball player
- Hector Calma, basketball player
- Gherome Ejercito, basketball player
- Edward Joseph Feihl, basketball player
- Eddie Laure, basketball player
- Melvin Mamaclay, basketball player
- Rafael Nepomuceno, bowler
- Jericho Cruz, basketball player
- Rodney Brondial, basketball player
- Eric Camson, basketball player
- Don Trollano. basketball player
- Jansen Rios, basketball player
Arts, culture, religion, and entertainmentEdit
- Prince Villanueva, actor
- Hazel Ann Mendoza, actress
- Nida Blanca, actress
- Florentino Floro, judge
- Francine Prieto, actress
- Jestoni Alarcon, actor
- Guillermo Gómez Rivera, historian and writer
- Fernando Suarez, priest
- Neil Coleta, actor
|Presidents of Adamson University|
|George Lucas Adamson, 1932–1967|
|Leandro I. Montañana, 1967–1985|
|Rolando S. Dela Goza, 1985–1994|
|Jimmy A. Belita, 1994–2003|
|Gregorio L. Bañaga, Jr., 2003–2015|
|Marcelo V. Manimtim, 2015–present|
- "New President of Adamson University - Congregation of the Mission". cmglobal.org. July 3, 2015. Archived from the original on July 5, 2015. Retrieved April 7, 2018.
- "History". Adamson University. Archived from the original on April 11, 2013. Retrieved October 16, 2012.
- "CHED awarded Adamson University Deregulated Status" (PDF). ched.gov.ph. Retrieved November 1, 2014.
- "QS World University Rankings". Topuniversities. Retrieved October 16, 2012.
- [dead link]
-  Archived September 5, 2012, at the Wayback Machine
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on March 4, 2016. Retrieved September 4, 2018.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)
- "UAAP: Adamson star Nuyles out for the season". GMA News Online. Retrieved February 23, 2017.
- philstar.com. "Adamson University | UAAP Season 77 - Basketball | Sports | Philstar.com". www.philstar.com. Archived from the original on November 2, 2016. Retrieved February 23, 2017.