Adam Blumenthal is an American businessman and private equity firm executive. He is the founder and Managing Partner of Blue Wolf Capital Partners, a private equity firm in New York City that manages $1.2 billion in capital.
Early life and educationEdit
Blumenthal is currently managing director of Blue Wolf Capital Partners, a mid-size private equity firm that was founded in 2005. He also serves on the board of directors of the following Blue Wolf portfolio companies: Channel Technologies Group LLC., Finch Paper Holdings LLC, Gloucester Engineering Co., Inc., Pharmaceutical Strategies Group LLC, Suwannee Lumber Co. and Twin Rivers Paper Company.
In October 2019, Blumenthal conceived of the term “polarization tax” to describe the burden businesses now face amidst challenging political and economic environments, which contrasts with the benefits of the peace dividend in the 1990s.
Boards and philanthropyEdit
He served on the Yale School of Management's Board of Advisors from 2004 to 2007 and was named a Donaldson Fellow in 2009. He was Chairman of the investment committee of the United Auto Workers VEBA from 2011 through 2017. He was a trustee and served on investment committees at the Community Service Society of New York and Nathan Cummings Foundation.
Blumenthal has helped fund the Adam Blumenthal Fellowship at the Rutgers University School of Management and Labor Relations.
- "Blue Wolf Capital Partners Raises $540M For Oversubscribed Fourth Fund". FINalternatives. October 23, 2017. Archived from the original on June 12, 2018. Retrieved May 26, 2018.
- Laura Cooper (November 27, 2017). "LBO Profile: Blue Wolf Embraces Complexity in a Regulated World". The Wall Street Journal.
- "Adam Blumenthal '89". Yale School of Management. Retrieved May 19, 2018. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Company Overview of Blue Wolf Capital Partners LLC Adam M. Blumenthal". Bloomberg L.P. May 18, 2018.
- "Leadership". UAW Retiree Medical Benefits Trust. Retrieved May 16, 2018. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Adam Blumenthal". Bloomberg L.P. Retrieved May 19, 2018. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Adam Blumenthal was named New York City first deputy comptroller/CFO". Pensions & Investments. May 30, 2002.
- "Barking up a new sustainability tree". Private Equity International. February 21, 2018.
- Thomas Dunford (January 4, 2012). "The Morning Leverage: Private Equity Has A Green Thumb". The Wall Street Journal.
- "Blue Wolf Brings In $540M For Latest PE Fund". Law360. October 23, 2017.
- "Forget a peace dividend, are we paying a 'polarization tax'?". Fox Business. November 1, 2019.
- "About Team". Blue Wolf Capital Partners. Retrieved May 16, 2018. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Benjamin Horney. "Adam Blumenthal Fellowship". Rutgers School of Management and Labor Relations. Retrieved May 12, 2018. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)