Adalberto Maria Merli
Adalberto Maria Merli (born 14 January 1938) is an Italian actor and voice actor.
Adalberto Maria Merli
Merli in Black Holiday (1973)
|Born||14 January 1938|
|Occupation||Actor, voice actor|
Born in Rome, Merli is active on film and television and he has appeared in over 27 films since 1965. He had his breakout role in the 1968 RAI television series La freccia nera. After some further television success through the TV series Le terre di Sacramento and E le stelle stanno a guardare Merli made his film debut in the 1971 Miklós Jancsó's drama film La tecnica e il rito, then he became quite active in films of "poliziottesco" or political genre, often in leading roles.
Merli is also active as a voice actor. He is known for having dubbed over the voices of Clint Eastwood, Ed Harris, Robert Redford, Jack Nicholson, David Carradine, Brian Cox, Malcolm McDowell and Michael Caine in some of their films. In his Italian dubbed animation roles, he voiced James P. Sullivan in Monsters, Inc., Mr. Incredible in The Incredibles, The Spirit of the West in Rango, and Pacha in The Emperor's New Groove.
- La prima notte di quiete (1972)
- The Hassled Hooker (1972)
- Black Holiday (1973)
- Flatfoot (1973)
- Processo per direttissima (1974)
- Peur sur la ville (1975)
- Faccia di spia (1975)
- Le Gang (1977)
- Sciopèn (1982)
- Cento giorni a Palermo (1984)
- Let's Hope It's a Girl (1985)
- Duel of Hearts (1991)
- State Secret (1995)
- The Dinner (1998)
- The Card Player (2004)
- Pacha in The Emperor's New Groove
- James P. Sullivan in Monsters, Inc.
- James P. Sullivan in Mike's New Car
- Bob Parr / Mr. Incredible in The Incredibles
- Sulley Car in Cars
- Spirit of the West in Rango
- Frankie Dunn in Million Dollar Baby
- Agamemnon in Troy
- Randle Patrick McMurphy in One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest
- Christof in The Truman Show
- Eric "Rick" Masters in To Live and Die in L.A.
- The Big Man in Dogville
- Alex DeLarge in A Clockwork Orange
- Bill in Kill Bill: Volume 1
- Bill in Kill Bill: Volume 2
- Dušan Gavrić in The Peacemaker
- Jonathan Lansdale in The Hand
- Allan Quatermain in The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen
- Mark Hunter in Beyond a Reasonable Doubt
- Ed Crane in The Man Who Wasn't There
- Lieutenant Riker in The Secret of the Sahara
- Sam Quint in Black Moon Rising
- Stephen Malley in Lions for Lambs
- Harman Sullivan in Charley Varrick
- Jack Sclavino in Live Free or Die Hard
- Harry Bailey in Getting Straight
- Veteran Gangster in Gangster No. 1
- Sam Lawson in Too Late the Hero
- Thomas Fowler in The Quiet American
- Joaquin Manero in The Morning After
- "Adalberto Maria Merli's dubbing contributions". Antoniogenna.net. Retrieved 1 October 2018.
- Enrico Lancia, Roberto Poppi. Dizionario del cinema italiano: Gli attori. Gremese Editore, 2003. ISBN 8884402697.
- Ponzo, Raffaella (24 February 2018). "Adalberto Maria Merli – Personaggi". PALCOSCENICO (in Italian). Retrieved 11 August 2018.
- ""Monsters & co." di Peter Docter - CineFile". 6 April 2002. Retrieved 11 August 2018.
- "ZONA CINEMA: "Monsters & Co."". AntonioGenna.net presenta: IL MONDO DEI DOPPIATORI (in Italian). Retrieved 11 August 2018.
- ""Rango", lo spaghetti western (ri)animato da un cartone - Cronaca nazionale". Abruzzo24ore (in Italian). 23 March 2011. Retrieved 11 August 2018.
- Catalli, Claudia (15 November 2009). "Million Dollar Baby". Homepage di MenteSociale (in Italian). Retrieved 11 August 2018.
Media related to Adalberto Maria Merli at Wikimedia Commons