Actions on Google
This article needs additional citations for verification. (November 2018)
The actions platform supports "direct" actions, as well as "conversational" actions for more complex applications. More advanced developers are able to develop directly against the API, and a SDK for Node.js is also available.
As of April 2017 there were more than 175 Actions for Google Assistant, including ones from Uber, The Motley Fool, NPR One, NBC News, and Domino's Pizza. The availability was further extended beyond the Google Home space into Android and iOS.
- Miller, Paul (2016-10-04). "Google Assistant will open up to developers in December with 'Actions on Google'". theverge.com.
- Muter, Tomasz (2018-06-24). "7 Ideas for Growing Your Business with Google Assistant". Droids on Roids. Retrieved 2018-12-04.
- Johnson, Khari (2016-12-08). "Actions on Google platform launches for Google Home". theverge.com. Retrieved 2018-12-04.
- Johnson, Khari (24 April 2017). "Google Assistant can now turn you into a wannabe bird whisperer". venturebeat.com.
- Perez, Sarah (2018-05-17). "Google Actions expand to Android and iPhone". Techcrunch. Retrieved 2018-12-04.