This article needs additional citations for verification. (October 2019) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Act Global is an artificial turf manufacturer based in Austin, Texas. Its primary production facilities are located in Calhoun, Georgia. The company is best known for its brands in sports, Xtreme Turf and UBU. FIFA has certified the company as a "FIFA Quality Licensee" for football turf.
|John Baize, CEO|
John Baize co-founded Act Global in 2004 to be a socially and environmentally responsible turf manufacturer. Since its inception, Act Global has spread worldwide with multiple manufacturing centers across the globe.
In 2009, FIFA certified Act Global as a "preferred producer" for football turf.
In 2015, the company moved to its current U.S. production facility in Georgia.
In 2016, Act Global acquired the UBU and Turfscape brands.
The company offers various kinds of artificial turfs, depending upon the use.
- Sports turf: The Xtreme Turf and UBU lines are intended for sports use, with different offerings for various sports
- Aviation turf: AvTurf is used for airport ground cover.
- Landfill closure: LiteEarth is used in the closure of landfills and land reclamation.
- Landscape turf: Turfscape is available for both residential and commercial spaces.
- "FIFA's Quality Concept for Football Turf announces four new Preferred Producers". FIFA.com. October 4, 2011. Retrieved January 26, 2017.
- Staff, AB. "Act Global Acquires UBU and Turfscape Brands - Athletic Business". www.athleticbusiness.com. Retrieved August 15, 2017.
|This United States manufacturing company–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|