Academy of Management
The Academy of Management is a professional association for scholars of management and organizations that was established in 1936. It publishes several academic journals, organizes conferences, and provides others forums for management professors and managers to communicate research and ideas.
|Headquarters||Briarcliff Manor, New York|
Vice President/Program Chair (2018-2019)
|Quinetta M. Roberson|
Vice President-Elect/Program Chair-Elect (2018-2019)
|Expenses (2017)||$9,600,000 USD|
Divisions and interest groupsEdit
As of August 2018, there were 25 divisions and interest groups that reflect members' interests and disciplinary backgrounds.
Divisions offer a range of member services, including educational sessions, social events at the academy's annual meeting, professional development opportunities like paper development workshops, newsletters, and professional service opportunities.
The academy publishes the following academic journals:
- Academy of Management Journal
- Academy of Management Review
- Academy of Management Perspectives (formerly Academy of Management Executive)
- Academy of Management Learning and Education
- Academy of Management Annals
- Academy of Management Discoveries
- Academy of Management Insights
- "AOM History". Homepage. Retrieved 2013-01-30.
- "Pace University". Academy of Management. Retrieved March 3, 2015.
- "AOM site history". Homepage. Academy of Management. Retrieved December 19, 2018.
- "AoM Divisions and Interest Groups". Homepage. Retrieved 2008-05-06.
- "FT Top 40 Journals – 2006" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 2009-08-24. Retrieved 2008-05-06.