The Academic Center for Education, Culture and Research (ACECR) (Persian: جهاد دانشگاهی) is an Iranian private non-governmental higher education institution established in 1980.
|Parent agency||Supreme Council of the Cultural Revolution|
ACECR engages in innovative research and development projects in different fields of science and technology and real-world applications. Its activities can be broadly divided into the areas of: research and technology, education, cultural activities, and entrepreneurship.
Only 20% of ACECR's funding comes from public sources, while the majority of its funding is derived from partnerships and cooperation with the private sector.
ACECR has 680 full-time research and academic staff, and 1,600 full-time research assistants. Its activities are supported by 2,100 services and administrative staff. Industry experts and post graduate research students also contribute to projects on a part-time basis.
- 1999: The first ICSI birth by frozen sperm of a gonadectomized man, Royan Institute
- 2003: The first human embryonic Stem Cell line establishment in Iran and the region, Royan Institute
- 2005: Establishment of the first Private Cord Blood Bank in Iran (Royan Stem Cell Technology Co.)
- 2006: Iran's first cloned sheep, named Royana, Royan Institute
- 2009: The first cloned goat born in Iran, Royan Institute
- 2010: The first transgenic goats born in Iran, Royan Institute
- 2011: Establishment of cell therapy pre-hospital, Royan Institute
- 2015: A new formulation of anti-breast cancer drug Herceptin using a bacterial method by researchers led by Keyvan Majdzadeh produced 
- 2017: The first transgenic zebrafish models in Iran, Royan Institute
- ^ a b About ACECR Archived 2016-03-17 at the Wayback Machine acecr.ir Accessed: March 24, 2016
- ^ Iran produces new drug for breast cancer by bacteria Academic Center for Education Culture and Research (ACECR) August 6, 2015
- Academic Center for Education, Culture and Research
- Avicenna Research Institute
- Royan Institute[permanent dead link]
- University of Science and Culture
- ACECR, Sharif University Branch