Abul Khair (actor)
This article needs additional citations for verification. (November 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Abul Khair was a Bangladeshi television and film actor. He won Bangladesh National Film Award for Best Supporting Actor four times for his roles in the films Dohon (1984), Rajlakshmi Srikanta (1987), Onno Jibon (1995) and Dukhai (1997).
|Awards||Bangladesh National Film Awards|
Khair's acting career started in the mid 1950s . Later in life when he again started performing in television he acted in many Humayun Ahmed's Television drama and film drama serial Ei Shob Din Ratri. He later acted in Bohubrihi, Aaj Robibar, Ayomoy and others.
Besides being an actor on television and movies, he also held several executive positions domestically and internationally as follows:
- Director of Films, Ministry of Information of the then Government of East Pakistan and later on Government of Bangladesh during 1968 to 1976.
- During that time he got permission from Pakistan government to go to India to Directed documentary on now National Poet Kazi Nazrul Islam ( The Rebel Poet) in 1970.
- He orchestrated and directed the famous 7 March speech by Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman (the only copy was restored and saved by him during the war).
- He also made documentary on Bangladesh " This is Bangladesh" which was shown in Montreal World Film Festival (1977)
- Managing Director of FDC (Film Development Corporation) during 1973 to 1975
- International Film Director, United Nations, New York City, United States during 1976 to 1980. In this capacity, he made many documentary movies on human habitat in Sri Lanka, Canada, Bangladesh, India and Pakistan. He directed documentary for UN " The Big Village" which is in Bangladesh film archive and also in UN film archive.
- Ei Shob Din Ratri
- Kothao Keu Nei (কোথাও কেও নাই)
- Aaj Robibar (1999)
- Nimful (1997)
- Shobinoy Nibedon (1965)
- Mukh O Mukhosh (1956)
- Kancher Deyal (1963)
- Sangam (1964)
- Titash Ekti Nadir Naam (1973)
- Akhoni Shomoy (1981)
- Dohon (1984)
- Pension (1984)
- Rajlakshmi Srikanta (1987)
- Jinner Badshah (1989)
- Padma Nadir Majhi (1992)
- Patang (film) (1993)
- Ekattorer Jishu (1993)
- Abujh Sontan (1993)
- Chaka (1993)
- Onno Jibon (1995)
- Nodir Naam Modhumoti (1996)
- Dipu Number Two (1996)
- Dukhai (1997)
- Srabon Megher Din (1999)
- Somudro Bilash Private Limited (1999)
- হুমায়ূন আহমেদের শিল্পীরা. Amar Desh (in Bengali). July 21, 2011. Archived from the original on 2015-08-04. Retrieved November 11, 2015.
- হুমায়ূন আহমেদের অভিনয় শিল্পীরা. Jaijaidin (in Bengali). Retrieved March 13, 2016.
- জাতীয় চলচ্চিত্র পুরস্কার প্রাপ্তদের নামের তালিকা (১৯৭৫-২০১২) [List of the winners of National Film Awards (1975-2012)]. Government of Bangladesh (in Bengali). Bangladesh Film Development Corporation. Retrieved 25 March 2019.
- হুমায়ূন স্পর্শে সোনারকাঠি. Bangladesh Pratidin (in Bengali). 2014-11-13. Retrieved 2018-05-17.
|This article about a Bangladeshi actor is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|