Abul Hayat (born 7 September 1944) is a Bangladeshi actor. He is also a writer, civil engineer and director. He earned Bangladesh National Film Award for Best Supporting Actor for the film Daruchini Dwip (2007) and was awarded Ekushey Padak for his acting in 2015 by the Government of Bangladesh. He portrayed the Misir Ali character in the television film, Onno Bhuboner Cheleta.
|Occupation||Actor, writer, civil engineer, director|
Hayat completed his bachelor's in civil engineering from Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology (BUET).
As of February 2015, Hayat has written 28 books in total. He wrote his first book Trishnar Shanti in 1989.
- "Reflections with Abul Hayat on his birthday". The Daily Star. 7 September 2020. Retrieved 7 September 2020.
- "Abul Hayat's new treat for readers". The Daily Star. 5 February 2015. Retrieved 9 February 2015.
- "PM hands over Ekushey Padak 2015". Dhaka Tribune. 19 February 2015.
- এ সপ্তাহের সাক্ষাৎকার. BBC News বাংলা (in Bengali). Retrieved 5 September 2019.
- মঞ্চাভিনয়ই আসল প্রেম [Manchavinai is the real love] (in Bengali). BBC Bangla. 4 December 2013. Retrieved 5 December 2013.
- "'Acting is like mathematics' - Bipasha Hayat". The Daily Star. 12 June 2006. Retrieved 20 November 2012.
- "Through the eyes OF Abul Hayat". The Daily Star. 29 April 2017. Retrieved 29 November 2017.
- যে কারণে মুক্তিযুদ্ধে আবুল হায়াত অংশগ্রহণ করেননি !. ছারপোকা ম্যাগাজিন (in Bengali). Charpoka. 18 December 2018. Retrieved 18 December 2018.
- আবুল হায়াতের এপিঠ-ওপিঠ (in Bengali). Charpoka Magazine. 15 August 2017. Retrieved 15 August 2017.