Abu Dhar Azzam
Abu Dhar Azzam (Arabic: أبو ذر عزام), also known as Abu Dhar al-Burmi (Arabic: أبو ذر البورمي) and Abu Dhar al Bakistani (Arabic: أبو ذر الباكستاني), is a Rohingya Islamist cleric and a member of the Islamic Movement of Uzbekistan (IMU).
Abu Dhar worked in Jamiah Farooqia, Karachi in 2004, before he joined the insurgency movement in Pakistan's tribal areas (FATA). He has been a prominent member of the Turkistan Islamic Party, the Pakistani Taliban and the Islamic Movement of Uzbekistan.
- Baker, Benjamin David (October 22, 2015). "Pakistan Announces That It Has Defeated ETIM. So What?". The Diplomat.
- Tiezzi, Shannon (June 25, 2014). "Chinese Involvement in Global Jihad". The Diplomat.
- "New release from Shaykh Abū Dhar 'Azzām: "Rather, They Established the Differences"". Jihadology. September 30, 2016.
- Roggio, Bill (November 23, 2011). "IMU cleric urges Pakistanis to continue sheltering jihadis in Waziristan". the Long War Journal.
- Roggio, Bill (August 30, 2016). "Former IMU cleric latest to denounce Islamic State". the Long War Journal.
- "Al-Qaeda Cleric Praises Tsarnaev Brothers As Models For Muslim Children". Middle East Media Research Institute (MEMRI). 6 September 2013. Archived from the original on 2014-03-28. Retrieved 2017-01-22.