|Abrázame muy fuerte|
|Created by||René Muñoz|
|Written by||Liliana Abud|
|Story by||Caridad Bravo Adams|
|Theme music composer|
|Opening theme||"Abrázame muy fuerte" performed by Juan Gabriel|
|Ending theme||"Niña y mujer" performed by Aracely Arámbula|
|Country of origin||Mexico|
|No. of episodes||135|
|Executive producer||Salvador Mejía Alejandre|
|Cinematography||María Teresa Ortíz|
|Editor||Marco Antonio Rocha|
|Original release||July 31, 2000 –|
February 2, 2001
|Preceded by||Siempre te amaré|
|Followed by||El derecho de nacer|
Aracely Arámbula, Fernando Colunga and Victoria Ruffo starred as protagonists, while César Évora, Nailea Norvind, Rossana San Juan and the leading actress Helena Rojo portrayed the antagonists. Arnaldo André and Pablo Montero starred as stellar performances.
Cristina Álvarez is a sweet young woman, loved by everyone at "El Platanal", a beautiful property whose owner is Severiano Alvarez, her father, who is a man of the field and of strong character. Diego Hernandez works there as a foreman. He is a strong and handsome man, and is also in love with Cristina. Cristina returns Diego's feelings and they sleep together. Later on, when Severiano finds out Cristina is in love with Diego and that they made love, he tries to kill her, but spares Cristina when she tells him she is pregnant.
Severiano banishes Cristina and Raquela, her servant, to Villahermosa, the Tabascan capital, to have the baby there. By the management of Federico Rivero, little Maria del Carmen comes back to the hacienda as Raquela's daughter. Soon Federico provokes an accident which leaves Cristina blind, in order to have Cristina's fortune.
Years pass and Cristina, in order to be with her daughter, is forced to marry Federico, (Federico loves Cristina) an ambitious and cruel man. From then on, she acts as Maria del Carmen's "godmother".
Meanwhile, Federico is happy about the arrival of his nephew Carlos Manuel to the hacienda. He is a young, handsome, and daring man who has recently completed his studies of medicine overseas.
Carlos Manuel falls in love with Déborah Falcón, without knowing that she is the lover of his uncle. When Federico finds out about this relationship, he opposes it and separates Doña Déborah from his nephew. Meanwhile, from the moment she meets Carlos Manuel, María del Carmen falls in love with him—the two end up together, provoking hate in Déborah, who, along with Federico, tries to separate the young couple. They achieve the separation of the two lovers, but they aren't able to destroy the love that Maria del Carmen and Carlos Manuel feel for each other.
Carlos Manuel finally has his teacher, friend, and specialist in ophthalmology review Cristina's case of blindness to see if he can operate on her. Dr. Angel Luis Robles secretly falls in love with Cristina and has a great interest in helping Cristina recover her sight again. The two form a very special friendship and love despite Cristina's marriage to Frederico. Until his untimely demise, Angel Luis does everything he can to keep Cristina safe, but, when Frederico finds out that Cristina and Dr.Robles are in love, Federico kills Dr.Robles and once again Cristina loses the love of her life. Federico, with the hopes of having Maria del Carmen in his possession at whatever cost, tries to abuse her, but Cristina does not allow it.
In the end, Federico, after being forced to flee Villahermosa, returns after some time to find Cristina. He pulls a gun on her and just as he tries to kill her, Raquela guns him down. Carlos Manuel and Maria del Carmen get married and finally have the peace that they need.
- Victoria Ruffo as Cristina Álvarez Rivas de Rivero
- Fernando Colunga as Carlos Manuel Rivero
- Aracely Arámbula as María del Carmen Hernández Álvarez de Rivero/ María del Carmen Campuzano
- César Évora as Federico Rivero
- Nailea Norvind as Déborah Falcón
- Osvaldo Ríos as Diego Hernández
- Arnaldo André as Dr. Ángel Luis Robles
- Helena Rojo as Damiana/Juliana Guillèn
- Alicia Rodríguez as Consuelo Rivas de Álvarez
- Emilia Guiu as Flora Bravo
- Joaquín Cordero as Don Severiano Álvarez
- Rosita Quintana as Eduviges de la Cruz y Fereira
- Lilia Aragón as Efigenia de la Cruz y Ferreira
- René Muñoz as Regino
- Pablo Montero as José María Montes
- Rossana San Juan as Raquela Campuzano
- Tina Romero as Jacinta Carrillo
- Aurora Clavel as Vicenta
- Miguel Córcega as Padre Ignacio
- Mario Casillas as Marcelino
- Ana Hally as Macrina
- Eduardo Noriega as Francisco "Pancho" Montes
- Dacia González as Candelaria Campusano
- Toño Infante as Eulogio Rojas
- Ignacio Guadalupe as Benito
- Alberto Chávez as Artemio
- Manuel Raviela as Silverio
- Alicia Montoya as Gumersinda de Montes
- Esther Rinaldi as Nieves Muñoz
- Veronika Con K. as Casilda
- Dacia Arcaraz as Gema
- Jorge De Silva as Abel "Abelito" Ramos
- Emely Faride as Paquita Silva
- Fabián Lavalle as Dr. Fabián Anaya
- Paco Ibáñez as Juancho
- Abril Campillo as Estelita
- Rosita Pelayo as La Güera
- Pedro Romo as Apolinar
- José Antonio Ferral as Fayo Ruiz
- Eduardo Rodríguez as Máximo “Max” Ruiz
- Ernesto Alonso as Padre Bosco
- Raúl Buenfil as Dandy
Awards and nominationsEdit
In 2015, Angelli Nesma Medina produced Que te perdone Dios for Televisa. Rebecca Jones, Zuria Vega and Mark Tacher were cast as the main protagonists. Altaír Jarabo, Sergio Goyri, Sabine Moussier and Laisha Wilkins star as the role of the main antagonists.
- "Embrace Me". televisainternacional.tv. Retrieved June 27, 2016.
- "Angelli Nesma prepara remake de 'Abrázame muy fuerte'". tvnovelasbg. Archived from the original on November 5, 2016. Retrieved June 27, 2016.
- "Rebecca Jones interpretará a una mujer invidente en Que te perdone Dios". tvyespectaculos.com. Archived from the original on August 12, 2016. Retrieved June 27, 2016.
- "Zuria Vega y Mark Tacher protagonizarán remake de 'Abrázame muy fuerte'". trome.pe. Archived from the original on December 13, 2014. Retrieved June 27, 2016.
- "Altair Jarabo será la villana de "Que Te Perdone Dios"". univision.com. Retrieved June 27, 2016.
- "Sergio Goyri estará en remake de 'Abrázame muy fuerte'". tvnovelasbg. Retrieved June 27, 2016.
- "'Que Te Perdone Dios' Casting: Sabine Moussier Beats William Levy's Wife, Elizabeth Gutiérrez, For Telenovela Role". latintimes.com. Retrieved June 27, 2016.
- "Personificar a gemelas en "Que te perdone Dios" un reto: Wilkins. Con Javier Poza". radioformula.com. Retrieved February 18, 2015.