Abhay (TV series)
Abhay is a ZEE5 Original Indian Hindi-language crime thriller web series. Produced by B. P. Singh under Fiction Factory Productions, and directed by Ken Ghosh, the series marks the digital debut of Bollywood actor Kunal Khemu, who stars alongside Elnaaz Norouzi, Sandeepa Dhar and Namit Das. The series revolves around officer Abhay Pratap Singh, an investigating officer with the mind of a criminal, who can go to any extent to solve a case. The first season comprised eight episodes and was released on ZEE5 on 7 February 2019.
|Developed by||B. P. Singh|
|Directed by||Ken Ghosh|
|Music by||Ajay Singha|
|Country of origin||India|
|No. of seasons||2|
|No. of episodes||16 (list of episodes)|
|Cinematography||Hari K. Vedantam|
|Running time||Approx. 35 minutes|
|Production company(s)||Firefly Productions|
|Picture format||HDTV 1080i|
|Original release||7 February 2019 –|
The series has returned with the season 2, titled, Abhay 2 with Kunal Khemu as the protagonist while Ram Kapoor and Chunky Pandey will be seen playing the antagonist in the series. Besides them, the second season also stars Bidita Bag, Raghav Juyal, Indraneil Sengupta and Asheema Vadaan. Abhay 2 is produced by B.P. Singh, and directed by Ken Ghosh was released on the same OTT platform on August 14, 2020.
The story revolves around the life of Abhay, an investigation officer who in a race to save two school kids, Raghu and Pooja. The kids have gone missing in the village of Chinthari. For the past two years, the village on the outskirts of Lucknow have been reporting missing children. Will Abhay be able to battle against his personal demons and find the missing kids?
Set within a year after the events of the first season, Abhay continues to hunt vile murderers and monster with his trademark ingenuity, and novel deductions until and enigmatic criminal mastermind, with no name or past, turns his world upside down and traps him along with everyone else in a maze that will test the very fibre of Abhay’s morality. He plays the villain’s game better than the villain could have expected but still the game does what it is meant to. The Villain and his truth about our world and its corruption starts getting to Abhay, the pressure of saving the kids and his past secrets make him vulnerable, but even by the end he remains incorruptible
Main (Season 1)Edit
- Kunal Khemu as SP Abhay Pratap Singh
- Sandeepa Dhar as Inspector Komal
- Elnaaz Norouzi as Officer Natasha
- Namit Das as Govind
- Priyal Gor as Divya (Abhay's Wife)
- Maninee Mishra as Radhika
Main (Season 2)Edit
- Kunal Khemu as Superintendent of Police Abhay Pratap Singh
- Asha Negi as Sonam Khanna
- Ram Kapoor as Kidnapper
- Nidhi Singh as Khushboo
- Chunky Pandey as Harsh
- Raghav Juyal as Samar
- Asheema Vadaan as Mira
- Bidita Bag as Saloni
- Ayush Shrivastava as Sameer
- Manini Mishra as Radhika
- Rituraj Singh as Kuldeep Dhingra (KD)
- Pratyaksh Panwar as Saahil
- Devendar Chaudhury as Sandeep Awasthi
- Nitish Pandey as Pandey Ji
- Deepak Tijori as Chander Singh (Episode 1)
- Gopal Singh as Rawat (Episode 1)
- Sangeeta Panwar as Chuttan Bai (Episode 1)
- Dua Fatima as Pooja (Episode 1)
- Arav Shukla as Raghu (Episode 1)
- Anshuman Jha as Pramod (Episode 2)
- Yashashri Masurkar as Surbhi (Episode 2)
- Basant Kumar as Charan (Episode 2)
- Anupriya Goenka as Supriya (Episode 3)
- Manraj Singh as Rohit (Episode 3)
- Praveen Tiwari as Dushyant (Episode 3)
- Utpal Dashora as Param (Episode 3)
- Kiran Joneja as Manda (Episode 4)
- Ravi Khanvilkar as Manda's Assistant (Episode 4)
- Aayaam Mehta as Officer Srivastava (Episode 4)
- Alisha Chaudhary as Aanchal (Episode 4)
- Guddu Rana as Aghori (Episode 4)
- Prashant Bhargava as Driver (Episode 4)
- Mukesh Rishi as Babu Bhaiyya (Episode 5 and 6)
- Harsh Mayar as Sujay (Episode 5 and 6)
- Naved Aslam as Senior Officer (Episode 5 and 6)
- Rana Sengar as Sugreev (Episode 7)
- Ivan Rodrigues as Channel Head (Episode 7)
- Prashant Narayanan as Jaykrishan (Episode 7 and 8)
- Saurabh Nayyar as Forensic Expert (Epiosde 7 and 8)
|1||Bagged and Tagged||Raghu and Pooja are two school kids who went missing in the village of Chinthari. Abhay, an investigation officer is assigned to find the missing kids. Will he be able to fight his personal battles and find Raghu and Pooja?|
|2||Who is the Daddy now?||Abhay is assigned another case that involves a psychotic killer involved in the murder of three people.|
A dating app has been used to commit a crime and Abhay gets into action to solve the mystery of the murder.
|4||Cyanide Poisoning||Govind is back to seek revenge. Will Abhay be able to identify the serial killer or will he be distracted by Govind?|
The story takes us back to Abhay's past which explains his current paranoia. Meanwhile, a dissatisfied teenager goes on a killing spree.
|6||Burn||Abhay's relationship with Natasha begins to hinder the investigation of the killer. Will Abhay be able to solve the murder cases?|
|7||The Butcher||A butcher from Uttar Pradesh slaughters people and flings their body parts in different areas of the town. A lack of evidence and clues make this a tough case to crack. Will Abhay be able to catch this butcher or will he get trapped in Govind’s vicious plan?|
|8||48 Hours||Abhay has 48 hours to find the killer. Will he find the butcher? Will Natasha help Abhay in hunting for the killer?|
|Episode No.||Title||Plot||Release Date|
|1||Brain soup||As students in Lucknow start going missing, the STF team headed by Abhay starts probing the case. Their investigation leads them to a twisted serial killer. Meanwhile, a school bus is taken hostage by a peculiar looking person.||14-08-2020|
|2||One Legged Skeleton||The dead body of sub-inspector Maninder Singh is found in a canal with a missing foot. Abhay's inquiry leads him to Saloni, a sex worker.||14-08-2020|
|3||The Game Begins||Abhay learns about the hijacking of the school bus through Sonam, a reporter who is pursuing the case of the missing children and bashing the police force for its inability to track down the hijackers. Abhay receives a hint towards the location of the kid.||14-08-2020|
|4||The 12 Hour Challenge||Abhay meets the Villian who challenges him into a game in exchange for information on the missing kids. The mastermind leads Abhay to the case of missing women and dares him to solve the case in 12 hours to get the location of one of the missing kids.||04-09-2020|
|5||Misplaced Retribution||Abhay manages to locate the kid the Villian had led him to. The Villian once again promises to give Abhay the location details of two more kids if he can nab the murderer of a couple that was killed in a car crash in 48 hours.||04-09-2020|
|6||The Homophobic Killer||A homophobic killer brutally murders two young men and broadcasts the news of their murders on the radio. At the vigil held for the victims, the killer strikes again and murders two more men. The killer's next plan can lead to the loss of thousands of lives.||29-09-2020|
|7||A Tougher Challenge||Abhay manages to save a child, but the information is leaked to the press. The Villain shows Abhay an article about the murder of the two young men and orders him to find the killer in 12 hours.||29-09-2020|
|8||The Final Trap||The Villain manages to escape and kills the accused in the missing women's case in police custody. He then threatens to kill the accused in the car crash case next. Meanwhile, Abhay reaches the house where he had an incident with Sonam and discovers that the Villian has set up another challenge for him. But this time, Abhay manages to set the Villain up in his trap.||29-09-2020|
- "ZEE5 launches procedural format crime thriller 'Abhay'". Zee News. 2019-02-07. Retrieved 2019-08-03.
- "Kunal Khemu set for his digital debut". easterneye.biz.
- "Abhay actor Elnaaz Norouzi: Get limited offers as people think I cannot speak Hindi". The Indian Express.
- "Kunal Kemmu On Playing An Investigative Officer In Abhay". NDTV.
- "Kunal Kemmu to make digital debut with ZEE5 series Abhay". The Indian Express.
- "Kunal Khemu to shift gears with crime series 'Abhay'". Business Standard India. Press Trust of India. 2019-02-06. Retrieved 2019-08-03.
- "Abhay 2 teaser: Ram Kapoor stuns as a heartless murderer, Kunal Kemmu is out to get him". Hindustan Times. 2020-06-18. Retrieved 2020-06-23.
- MumbaiJune 18, Shweta Keshri; June 18, 2020UPDATED:; Ist, 2020 20:13. "Abhay 2: Ram Kapoor in a menacing avatar in new promo. Watch video". India Today. Retrieved 2020-06-23.CS1 maint: extra punctuation (link) CS1 maint: numeric names: authors list (link)
- "Chunky Panday to make his digital debut with Abhay 2". The Indian Express. 2020-07-17. Retrieved 2020-07-20.
- "Chunky Pandey says it was exciting to play antagonist in digital debut 'Abhay 2'". The Week. Retrieved 2020-07-20.
- "Chunky Pandey makes digital debut with Abhay 2, says 'it will bring to the forefront ruthless crime stories'". www.indulgexpress.com. Retrieved 2020-07-20.
- "It was a tough role for me Ram Kapoor on playing antagonist in 'Abhay 2'". The Week. Retrieved 2020-06-23.
- "Abhay 2: The stakes are even higher for Kunal Kemmu starrer". mid-day. 2020-04-14. Retrieved 2020-06-23.
- "ZEE5 Releases The Trailer Of 'Abhay' Season 2; Show To Stream On August 14". Mumbai Live. Mumbai Live. Retrieved 8 August 2020.
- "Abhay Season 2 Review: A gripping crime thriller with twisted characters".
- "Abhay 2 Review: Kunal Kemmu Returns with More Vigour to Counter Supervillains". News18.
- "Abhay Has Been Interesting and Intriguing Says Kunal Khemu". The Hans India. 5 February 2019.
- "Dabangg 2 Star Sandeepa Dhar Says Actors Should Have Opted For Content-Driven Films From The Beginning". The Times of India.
- "Sacred start with Elnaaz Norouzi". The Telegraph. Kolkota.
- "Anshuman Jha turns serial killer for ZEE5 web-series 'Abhay'". The New Indian Express.
- "Anupriya Goenka: As an actor, I want to live many lives". Outlook India.