Aberdare East is a local government community and electoral ward in Rhondda Cynon Taf, Wales. The community was formed in 2016 when the former community of Aberdare was split into two. Aberdare East includes the main town of Aberdare.
Location of Aberdare East within Rhondda Cynon Taf
|OS grid reference|
|Sovereign state||United Kingdom|
|Senedd Cymru – Welsh Parliament|
The Aberdare East community came into effect on 1 December 2016 following the enactment of The Rhondda Cynon Taf (Communities) Order 2016. The area includes the town centre of Aberdare as well as Robertstown and the nearby village of Abernant
Since 1995 the ward has consistently elected Welsh Labour councillors. Cllr Mike Forey has represented the ward on the new county council since 1995, while fellow councillor Steve Bradwick has represented the ward since 2008.
|Cynon Valley||Ray DALLY||627|
|Cynon Valley||Graham MARSH||586|
|Plaid Cymru||David Alun WALTERS||363|
Cllr Bradwick took over at the 2008 election from Dr Shah Imtiaz, who had represented the ward for the Labour Party on Cynon Valley Borough Council and Rhondda Cynon Taf Council since 1973.
- "The Rhondda Cynon Taf (Communities) Order 2016" (PDF). Legislation.gov.uk. Retrieved 2 April 2018.
- "Aberdare East - Key Stats". UK Census Data. Retrieved 2 April 2018.
- "The County Borough of Rhondda Cynon Taff (Electoral Arrangements) Order 1998". Legislation.gov.uk. Retrieved 2 April 2018.
- Rhondda Cyon Taff County Borough Council Election Results 1995-2012, The Election Centre. Retrieved 2 April 2018.
- County Borough Council Elections 2017, Rhondda Cynon Taf County Borough Council. Retrieved 2 April 2018.
- "Dr Imtiaz honoured for thirty five years serving the people". Wales Online. 4 June 2009. Retrieved 2 April 2018.