N'Doye with Cholet in October 2018
|No. 11 – Cholet|
|Position||Point guard / Shooting guard|
|League||LNB Pro A|
|Born||9 March 1998|
|Listed height||1.99 m (6 ft 6 in)|
|Listed weight||93 kg (205 lb)|
|Career highlights and awards|
Early life and careerEdit
N'Doye was born in Dunkirk, where his father, Oumar, was playing basketball for BCM Gravelines. In addition to basketball, he grew up playing tennis and handball. At age five, he started playing basketball for his local club, Dunkerque Malo, under his father's coaching. In 2010, N'Doye joined Olympique Grande-Synthe, before moving to Pôle Espoirs de Wattignies, a team representing the sports institute CREPS. Three years later, when he was 15 years old, he moved away from his home region to play for LNB Pro A club Cholet, initially at the youth level. In 2015, N'Doye won the national under-18 championship.
N'Doye gained his first experience with the Cholet senior team in the 2016–17 season, when he was 18 years old. On 14 August 2017, he signed his first professional contract with Cholet and began receiving regular playing time in the Pro A. In the 2018–19 season, N'Doye averaged 6.1 points, 3.6 rebounds and 2.7 assists per game. He entered the 2019 NBA draft before withdrawing. On 19 October 2019, N'Doye scored a career-high 22 points in a win over SIG Strasbourg. He had another strong performance on 7 December, recording 16 points on perfect shooting, six rebounds, seven assists and a career-best six steals in a victory over Champagne Châlons-Reims. On 28 December, N'Doye was selected to play in the LNB All-Star Game.
National team careerEdit
N'Doye won a gold medal with France at the 2014 FIBA Europe Under-16 Championship in Latvia, averaging 5.8 points, 3.4 rebounds and 2.3 assists per game. He won another gold medal with France at the 2016 FIBA U18 European Championship in Samsun, Turkey. N'Doye also competed in the 2017 FIBA Under-19 World Cup in Cairo and the 2018 FIBA U20 European Championship in Chemnitz, Germany, but his team failed to medal.
- Givony, Jonathan (10 January 2020). "NBA mock draft: What would the likely lottery teams do at No. 1?". ESPN. Retrieved 11 January 2020.
- Esseul, Emmanuel (23 March 2019). "Cholet Basket. « Abdou » Ndoye, l'enfant du Nord a bien grandi". Ouest-France (in French). Retrieved 20 December 2019.
- Daumur-Smith, Alexandre (19 December 2015). "ITW Abdoulaye N'Doye : "Etre un des grands joueurs de ma génération"". Basket-Ball World (in French). Retrieved 11 January 2020.
- "Abdoulaye N'Doye" (in French). Cholet Basket. Retrieved 11 January 2020.
- Quintard, Théo (20 February 2017). "Abdoulaye N'doye, le talent qui attend son tour à Cholet". BeBasket (in French). Retrieved 12 January 2020.
- "Le jeune meneur Abdoulaye N'doye passe pro avec Cholet Basket". Ouest-France (in French). 14 August 2017. Retrieved 12 January 2020.
- Kalbrosky, Bryan (10 June 2019). "France's Abdoulaye N'Doye is withdrawing name from NBA Draft". The Rookie Wire. Retrieved 12 January 2020.
- "Oct 19, 2019 - Cholet Basket 80 at Strasbourg IG 75". RealGM. 19 October 2019. Retrieved 12 January 2020.
- "Dec 7, 2019 - Chalons-Reims CB 68 at Cholet Basket 76". RealGM. 7 December 2019. Retrieved 12 January 2020.
- Bédouineau, Sébastien (28 December 2019). "Trois joueurs de Cholet au All Star Game de la LNB". Ouest-France (in French). Retrieved 12 January 2020.