Abdoulaye Idrissa Maïga
Abdoulaye Idrissa Maïga (born 11 March 1958) is a Malian politician who was the Prime Minister of Mali from 8 April 2017 to 29 December 2017. Previously he was Minister of Defence since 3 September 2016. As Defence Minister he succeeded Tiéman Hubert Coulibaly, who resigned after the takeover of the village of Boni by jihadist forces. Maïga previously served as Minister of Territorial Administration and Minister for the Environment, Water and Sanitation. During the 2013 presidential election, he was campaign director of Ibrahim Boubacar Keïta, who was elected as President.
Abdoulaye Idrissa Maïga
|Prime Minister of Mali|
10 April 2017 – 31 December 2017
|President||Ibrahim Boubacar Keïta|
|Preceded by||Modibo Keita|
|Succeeded by||Soumeylou Boubèye Maïga|
|Minister of Defence and Veteran Affairs|
3 September 2016 – 10 April 2017
|Prime Minister||Modibo Keita|
|Preceded by||Tiéman Hubert Coulibaly|
|Succeeded by||Tiéna Coulibaly|
|Born||11 March 1958|
Gao, French Sudan
|Political party||Rally for Mali|
On 8 April 2017 President Keïta appointed him as Prime Minister. A new government headed by Maïga was appointed on 11 April 2017. In the new government, Tiéna Coulibaly succeeded Maïga as Minister of Defence. He surprisingly resigned his position on 29 December 2017 alongside his government.
- "Portrait : Abdoulaye Idrissa Maïga, ministre de l'environnement, de l'eau et de l'assainissement" (in French). MaliActu.net. 16 April 2014. Archived from the original on 2017-04-10. Retrieved 5 September 2016.
- "Reamenagement du gouvernement : Abdoulaye Idrissa Maiga, nouveau ministre de la Défense et des Anciens combattants" (in French). Essor. 3 September 2016. Archived from the original on 2016-09-04. Retrieved 5 September 2016.
- "Mali: le ministre de la Défense Tiéman Hubert Coulibaly limogé après la prise d'une ville par des jihadistes (officiel)" (in French). MaliActu.net. 3 September 2016. Retrieved 5 September 2016.
- "MALI : Portrait du nouveau Premier Ministre Abdoulaye Idrissa Maïga [MALI: Portrait of the new Prime Minister Abdoulaye Idrissa Maïga]".
- "Mali: les défis du nouveau Premier ministre Abdoulaye Idrissa Maïga [Mali: Challenges of the new Prime Minister Abdoulaye Idrissa Maïga]". 9 April 2017.
- "Mali's President Ibrahim Boubacar Keïta names defence minister Abdoulaye Idrissa Maïga as new Prime Minister". Reuters. Retrieved 9 April 2017.
- "Mali President Appoints Defense Minister as New Prime Minister". Qatar News Agency. 9 April 2017. Archived from the original on 2017-04-09. Retrieved 2017-04-09.
- "Mali: formation du nouveau gouvernement", MaliActu, 11 April 2017 (in French).
- "Mali PM and ministers resign to allow government reshuffle". Reuters. Retrieved 30 December 2017.
| Prime Minister of Mali
Soumeylou Boubèye Maïga
|This article about a Malian politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|