This article needs to be updated.February 2016)(
Abdalelah Haroun Hassan (Arabic: عبد الإله هارون; born 1 January 1997) is a Qatari track and field sprinter. He specialises in the 400 metres. He is the 2015 Asian champion in the event and holds the Asian indoor record.
Haroun at the 2017 World Championships
|Native name||عبد الإله هارون|
|Born||1997 (age 21–22)|
|Height||1.85 m (6 ft 1 in)|
|Weight||80 kg (176 lb)|
|Coached by||Jama Aden|
|Achievements and titles|
|Personal best(s)||400 m: 44.07 (2018)|
500 m(indoors): 59.83 WB (Stockholm 2016)
Haroun was recruited at a young age from Sudan by Qatar. He gained eligibility to represent Qatar in February 2015. His first recorded performance was a time of 45.74 seconds for the 400 m in Doha in April 2014, which placed him among the world's most promising young sprinters for the event.[failed verification] He announced himself on the elite scene in his next performance at the XL Galan in February 2015 by running an Asian indoor record of 45.39 seconds, which was also the third fastest ever by a junior category athlete and the fastest ever indoor debut. His next outing one month later he set an outdoor best of 44.68 seconds. He was a comfortable victor at the 2015 Arab Athletics Championships in April, beating Egypt's Anas Beshr by nearly a second.
He ran at the Doha Diamond League meeting and won the non-Diamond-race contest with another sub-45-second run. On his IAAF Diamond League debut proper, he finished fifth at the Prefontaine Classic. He quickly established himself as one of Asia's top senior athletes at the 2015 Asian Athletics Championships by beating two-time defending champion Yousef Masrahi of Saudi Arabia in the 400 m final with his third 44.68-second clocking of the season. Masrahi was indignant about losing to his younger rival, saying "44.68 is nothing for me actually. I will come back. I will break the Asian record again".
|2015||Arab Championships||Isa Town, Bahrain||1st||400 m||44.68|
|Asian Championships||Wuhan, China||1st||400 m||44.68|
|2016||Asian Indoor Championships||Doha, Qatar||1st||400 m||45.88|
|1st||4 × 400 m relay||3:08.20|
|World Indoor Championships||Portland, United States||2nd||400 m||45.59|
|World U20 Championships||Bydgoszcz, Poland||1st||400 m||44.81|
|Olympic Games||Rio de Janeiro, Brazil||23rd (sf)||400 m||46.66|
|2017||World Championships||London, Great Britain||3rd||400 m||44.48|
|Asian Indoor and Martial Arts Games||Ashgabat, Turkmenistan||1st||400 m||45.68|
|12th (sf)||800 m||2:07.94|
|2nd||4 × 400 m relay||3:12.58|
|2018||Asian Indoor Championships||Tehran, Iran||1st||400 m||46.37|
|1st||4 × 400 m relay||3:10.08|
|World Indoor Championships||Birmingham, United Kingdom||–||400 m||DQ|
|Asian Games||Jakarta, Indonesia||1st||400 m||44.89|
|1st||4 × 400 m relay||3:00.56|
|2019||World Championships||Doha, Qatar||37th (h)||400 m||47.76|
- NBC Rio 2016 bio
- Le Qatar et le Bahrein renforcent leurs équipes (in French). SPE15 (2015-02-15). Retrieved on 2015-06-04.
- Abdelalelah Haroun. IAAF. Retrieved on 2015-06-04.
- 400 Metres - men - junior - outdoor - 2014. IAAF. Retrieved on 2015-06-04.
- Julin, A. Lennart (2015-02-19). Dibaba sets world indoor 5000m record in Stockholm. IAAF. Retrieved on 2015-06-04.
- Qatar's rising stars set to shine in Doha – IAAF Diamond League. IAAF (2015-05-06). Retrieved on 2015-06-04.
- LaShawn Merritt and Kirani James to battle in 400 at Pre Classic . LetsRun (2015-05-07). Retrieved on 2015-06-04.
- ALGÉRIE AU 19 EME. CHAMPIONNAT PANARABES D’ATHLÉTISME BAHREÏN / MANAMA 24 - 27/04/2015 Archived June 6, 2015, at the Wayback Machine. Algeria Athletics Stats. Retrieved on 2015-05-04.
- Tripathi, Rajeev (2015-05-16). Qatar's Haroun fastest Asian in 400m Diamond League Archived 2016-05-08 at the Wayback Machine. Qatar Tribune. Retrieved on 2015-06-04.
- Abdalleleh Haroun. Diamond League. Retrieved on 2015-06-04.
- Wu, Vincent (2015-06-04). Qatari sprinters dominate at Asian Championships. IAAF. Retrieved on 2015-06-04.