This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Abbas Shiblak (born 6 January 1944) is a Palestinian academic, historian, Research Associate at the Refugee Studies Centre (RSC), University of Oxford (a post he has held since 1992), free-lance writer, former diplomat and an advocate of human rights.
Shiblak specializes in refugee-host country relationships and international humanitarian law. For the last few years, he has been working on a paper on the topic of statelessness in the Arab region.
Shiblak founded Shaml, the Palestinian Refugee and Diaspora Centre in Ramallah, and also served as its first director. Shiblak was also a member of the Palestinian delegation to the peace talks on the "Working Group on Refugees".
This section of a biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (June 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Shiblak was born in Palestine on 6 January 1944 and, after completing his schooling in Jordan, his university education in Egypt and working in Lebanon, he moved to Britain in 1975, where he completed his postgraduate education in international relations. Shiblak then pursued a career in free-lance journalism, diplomacy, and developed an interest in refugee affairs and stateless communities, with particular reference to the Middle East. He is regularly consulted by inter-governmental organisations, non-governmental organisations, immigration agencies, law firms, academic institutions and the mass media to advise and comment on refugee affairs and statelessness. Shiblak resides in the United Kingdom.
Among his most recent publications:
- The Palestinian diaspora in Europe; Challenge of Adaptation and Identity (ed), Shaml & IJS, Jerusalem, 2005.
- A new edition of his book on the Exodus of the Iraqi Jewish community 1949-1951, Saqi Books, London 2005.
- Iraqi Jews: A History 
- The Lure of Zion: The Case of the Iraqi Jews 
- Residency status and civil rights of Palestinian refugees in Arab countries 
- Palestinians in Lebanon and the PLO 
- Statelessness among Palestinian Refugees 
Forthcoming work: ‘Citizens, Sub-Citizens and non Citizens: the Issue of Citizenship and Statelessness in the Arab Region’ .
- "Mr Abbas Shiblak". University of Oxford Refugee Studies Centre. Retrieved 2010-04-09.[permanent dead link]
- Shiblak, Abbas (June 2005). Iraqi Jews: A history. Saqi Books. p. 180. ISBN 978-0-86356-504-5.
- Shiblak, Abbas (July 1986). The Lure of Zion: The Case of the Iraqi Jews. Saqi Books. p. 196. ISBN 978-0-86356-033-0.
- Shiblak, Abbas (1996). "Residency status and civil rights of Palestinian refugees in Arab countries". Journal of Palestine Studies. Institute for Palestine Studies. XXV. JSTOR 2538257.
- Shiblak, Abbas (1997). "Palestinians in Lebanon and the PLO". Journal of Refugee Studies. Oxford University. 10 (3): 261–274. doi:10.1093/jrs/10.3.261. Retrieved 2010-04-08.
- Shiblak, Abbas (2003). "Statelessness among Palestinian Refugees". Conference on Palestinian Refugee Research. International Development Research Centre. Retrieved 2010-04-08.