Aarathi (born 1954)  is an Indian actress who predominantly acted in Kannada language films during the 1970s and 1980s. She has won the Filmfare awards South and the Karnataka State Film Award for Best Actress four times each. After her retirement from films in the mid 1980s, she staged a comeback in 2005 as a director with Mithayi Mane which met with critical appreciation and also won her the Karnataka State Film Award for Best Children's Film.
1954 (age 66–67)
|Occupation||Actress, film director|
|Years active||1969–1986; 2005|
|Spouse(s)||Chandrasekhar Desaigoudar, Puttanna kanagal|
After a short role in Gejje Pooje (1969), Aarathi starred as a leading actress in over 120 films including Naagarahaavu, Edakallu Guddada Mele, Bili Hendthi, Dharmasere, Paduvaaralli Pandavaru, Ranganayaki, Hombisilu, Upasane and Shubhamangala. Her collaboration with director Puttanna Kanagal included twelve films. In 1986 she directed the TV series, Namma Nammalli.
|2005||Mithayi Mane||Karnataka State Film Award for Best Children film|
- ನಟಿ 'ಆರತಿ'ಯನ್ನು ಪರಿಚಯ ಮಾಡಿದ್ದು, ಆಮೇಲೆ ಪುಟ್ಟಣ್ಣ ಅವರನ್ನ ಮದುವೆಯಾದ ಕಥೆ / Actor S Shivaram Life Story P-4 [The Story of Aarathi's Introduction and Marriage] (in Kannada). Heggadde Studio. 20 August 2020. Event occurs at 6:07. Retrieved 17 April 2021.
- Ashish Rajadhyaksha; Paul Willemen (10 July 2014). Encyclopedia of Indian Cinema. Taylor & Francis. ISBN 978-1-135-94325-7. Archived from the original on 16 February 2017. Retrieved 11 October 2015.
- "ಸಾರ್ವಜನಿಕ ಬದುಕಿನಿಂದ ದೂರವಾಗಿದ್ದೇಕೆ ನಟಿ ಆರತಿ? ಈಗ ಎಲ್ಲಿದ್ದಾರೆ ಅವರು?" (in Kannada). 19 February 2020. Retrieved 1 June 2021.
- "Arthi - Amazing Actress". Supergoodmovies.com. Archived from the original on 3 March 2013. Retrieved 16 August 2013.
- "Home". dis Week Bangalore. 16 December 2006. Archived from the original on 22 January 2018. Retrieved 26 February 2018.