Aamdani Atthanni Kharcha Rupaiya (lit. 'Income is 50 paise and expenses are a whole rupee'; cont. Expenses are greater than wages) sometimes abbreviated as AAKR is a 2001 Indian Hindi-language comedy film directed by K. Raghavendra Rao starring Govinda, Juhi Chawla, Tabu and Johnny Lever. This was the remake of Tamil film Viralukketha Veekkam directed by V. Sekhar. The film was an below average grosser at box office.
|Aamdani Atthanni Kharcha Rupaiya|
|Directed by||K. Raghavendra Rao|
|Written by||Anwar Khan (dialogues)|
|Story by||V. Sekhar|
|Based on||Viralukketha Veekkam (Tamil) by |
|Produced by||G. Adiseshagiri Rao|
G.V. Narasimha Rao
|Edited by||Gautham Raju|
|Music by||Himesh Reshammiya |
Shashi Preetam (background score)
|Distributed by||Padmalaya Telefilms Ltd|
Shemaroo Video Pvt. Ltd.
This is a family story. Jhumri and her husband, Bhishma, move into a new neighborhood. Their neighbors are three bickering couples: Vijay and Anjali who are newly married; Appu Khote and Vimla, who are married and have four children; and Ravi and Meena, who are married and have a daughter. Slowly the husbands are running out of money so they trick their wives and go out for a vacation. Meanwhile, their wives are struggling to pay their rents and decide to work even though their husbands told them not to. When the husbands come back, they kick their wives out of the house since they got jobs. The wives go to live with Jhumri and Bhishma.
The husbands are struggling to cook and take care of their children and go out to bring a dance-bar girl home to cook and look after the children!. One day, Meena and Ravi's daughter, Rani, is diagnosed with a heart problem and needs to be operated on quickly. Both husband and wife try to get two lakh rupees to save her life. The wives they earn the amount by working hard, while Ravi tries smuggling drugs to get the money. The three men are then caught by the police, arrested and also beaten by the police. Bhishma helps them by finding the real owner of the smuggling commotion and freeing the men. The husbands realize their mistake and apologize to their wives. The husbands and the wives decide to work together for a better living. The story has a happy ending with the families living happily together.
- Govinda as Bhishma
- Juhi Chawla as Jhumri
- Chandrachur Singh as Ravi
- Tabu as Meena
- Johnny Lever as Appu Khote
- Vinay Anand as Vijay
- Isha Koppikar as Anjali
- Ketki Dave as Vimla
- Mink Brar as Sukeshini (dancer)
- Shakti Kapoor as Dhokla Bhai
- Asrani as Jhumri's boss
- Ranjeet as Boss of Motor Company
- Tiku Talsania as B.K. Kakkad (landlord)
- Raju Srivastava as Baba Chin Chin Choo
- Razzak Khan as taxi driver
- Sayaji Shinde as Bijnora
- Viju Khote
- Jaya Prakash Reddy as Police Inspector
- Mahesh Thakur
|Aamdani Atthanni Kharcha Rupaiya|
|Soundtrack album by|
|Released||21 December 2001 (India)|
|Genre||Feature film soundtrack|
|Label||Shemaroo Video Pvt. Ltd.|
|Himesh Reshammiya chronology|
All lyrics are written by Sudhakar Sharma; all music is composed by Himesh Reshammiya.
|1.||"Aamdani Atthani Kharcha Rupaiyaa"||Udit Narayan, Shaan, Johnny Lever|
|2.||"Aayee Hai Diwali"||Udit Narayan, Alka Yagnik, Kumar Sanu, Shaan, Ketki Dave, Sneha Pant|
|3.||"Chori Chori Tera Chalna"||Udit Narayan, Alka Yagnik|
|4.||"Sajanniya Re"||Babul Supriyo, Sunidhi Chauhan|
|5.||"Style Nasha Tera"||Udit Narayan, Babul Supriyo, Sunidhi Chauhan|
|6.||"Ta Thaiya Ta Thaiya"||Shaan, Sunidhi Chauhan, Pinky|
- ^ "Box office of 2001 films". Box Office India. Retrieved 6 June 2019.
- ^ "Aamdani Atthani Kharcha Rupaiyaa - Movie - Box Office India". boxofficeindia.com. Retrieved 11 April 2021.
- ^ "Aamdani Atthani Kharcha Rupaiya - movie review by Narbir Gosal - Planet Bollywood".
- ^ "Aamdani Athanni Kharcha Rupaiya Review 1.5/5 | Aamdani Athanni Kharcha Rupaiya Movie Review | Aamdani Athanni Kharcha Rupaiya 2001 Public Review | Film Review". Bollywood Hungama.
- ^ https://www.rediff.com/movies/2001/dec/21aam.htm