A Twelve-Year Night
A Twelve-Year Night (Spanish: La noche de 12 años) is a 2018 Uruguayan drama film directed by Álvaro Brechner.  It premiered in Official Selection at the 75th Venice International Film Festival, and it was selected as the Uruguayan entry for the Best Foreign Language Film at the 91st Academy Awards, but it was not nominated. The film won the Golden Pyramid Award at the 40th Cairo International Film Festival.
|A Twelve-Year Night|
|Directed by||Álvaro Brechner|
|Written by||Álvaro Brechner|
|Music by||Federico Jusid|
|Edited by||Irene Blecua|
Nacho Ruiz Capillas
|Distributed by||Life Films (Uruguay)|
Saldavia Cinema (Spain)
The film is about the 12-year incarceration of members of the Tupamaros, a left-wing urban guerrilla group active in the 1960s and 1970s, 9 of whom were held as "hostages" between 1972 and 1985. As a result, several characters are dramatisations of real people:
A Twelve-Year Night won the Golden Pyramid Award at the 40th Cairo International Film Festival on 29 November 2018. The film received six nominations for the 6th Platino Awards, including Best Ibero-American Film and Best Director.
- "A Twelve-Year Night". Box Office Mojo. IMDb. Retrieved 30 November 2018.
- "A Twelve-Year Night". The Numbers. Retrieved 30 November 2018.
- "Alvaro Brechner on A Twelve-Year Night, Exploring the Human Condition". Variety. Retrieved 25 September 2018.
- "La noche de 12 años: lo más visto del fin de semana y seleccionada por Uruguay para el Oscar". El Observador. 25 September 2018. Retrieved 25 September 2018.
- Mango, Agustin (27 September 2018). "Oscars: Uruguay Selects A Twelve-Year Night for Foreign-Language Category". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved 27 September 2018.
- Vivarelli, Nick (30 November 2018). "A Twelve-Year Night, Uruguay's Oscar Candidate, Wins Top Prize in Cairo". Variety. Retrieved 4 December 2018.
- Alfonso Cuaron’s ‘Roma’ Nabs Nine Nominations for 6th Premios Platino