A Trick of the Tail Tour
This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (July 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
The A Trick of the Tail Tour was a concert tour of the United States, Canada and European countries by English rock band Genesis. This was the first tour after Peter Gabriel left the band, and the only one with Bill Bruford on drums.
|Concert by Genesis|
|Associated album||A Trick of the Tail|
|Start date||26 March 1976|
|End date||11 July 1976|
|No. of shows||63|
|Genesis concert chronology|
"A lot of the band thought he could sing better than I did anyway," remarked Gabriel of Phil Collins, who took over lead vocals. "The singing side he could handle, but I don't think he enjoyed singing some of my more obscure lyrics."
- "Dance on a Volcano"
- The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway Medley (aka "Lamb Stew" / "Lamb Casserole" / "Lamb Cutlet")
- "The Cinema Show"
- "Robbery, Assault and Battery"
- "White Mountain"
- "Firth of Fifth"
- "Supper's Ready"
- "I Know What I Like (In Your Wardrobe)"
- "Los Endos"
- "Watcher of the Skies"
- Phil Collins – vocals, percussion, drums 
- Tony Banks – Hammond T-102 organ, Mellotron M-400, RMI 368x Electra Piano and Harpsichord; ARP Pro Soloist and ARP 2600 synthesizers, 12-string guitar, backing vocals
- Steve Hackett – electric and 12-string guitars
- Mike Rutherford – bass, Moog Taurus bass pedals, 12-string & electric guitars, backing vocals
- Bill Bruford – drums, percussion
- "Genesis – The Movement – Gig Guide: A Trick of the Tail Tour (Mar 1976 – Jul 1976)". Genesis-Movement.org.
- "Genesis – A Trick of the Tail Tour". TheGenesisArchive.co.uk.
- Blake, Mark (December 2011). "Cash for questions: Peter Gabriel". Q. p. 43.
- "Genesis – A Trick of the Tail Tour set list". Setlist.fm.
- "40 Years Ago: Phil Collins Fronts Genesis for First Post-Peter Gabriel Tour". genesisfan.net.
- "Genesis – A Trick of the Tail A Trick of the Tail Tour (25/3/1976 – 11/7/1976)". BluesNaggletooth12.com.