A Shot at Love II with Tila Tequila
A Shot at Love II with Tila Tequila is an American reality television dating game show. It is the follow-up season to A Shot at Love with Tila Tequila. The series is a bisexual-themed dating competition where 15 hetero males and 15 lesbian females live in a house with Tila Tequila and compete for her attention and affection. The contestants, unlike in Season 1, are aware of Tequila's bisexuality. The winner of this season was contestant Kristy Morgan, who declined her "shot at love", stating she was not ready for a relationship with a woman.
|A Shot at Love II with Tila Tequila|
|Created by||Riley McCormick|
|Developed by||SallyAnn Salsano|
|Directed by||Scott Jeffress|
|Opening theme||"Stripper Friends"|
|Ending theme||"Stripper Friends"|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||1|
|No. of episodes||12|
|Executive producer(s)||Sally Ann Salsano|
Krista van Nieuwburg
|Running time||60 minutes|
|Production company(s)||495 Productions|
MTV Series Entertainment
|Picture format||480i (SDTV)|
|Original release||April 22 –|
July 8, 2008
|Preceded by||A Shot at Love with Tila Tequila (2007)|
|Related shows||A Double Shot at Love (2008)|
A spin-off of the series entitled A Double Shot at Love featuring the bisexual "ikki twins" premiered on December 9, 2008. Tequila had previously confirmed on her official website that she would not be a part of the show's third season, but will instead be featured in a show focusing on her daily life.
|1||Another Shot of Tequila||April 22, 2008|
|2||A Full House||April 29, 2008|
|3||Hard to Swallow||May 6, 2008|
|4||A Fistful of Love||May 13, 2008|
|5||Casualties of Love||May 20, 2008|
|6||Tastes Like Candy||May 27, 2008|
|7||On Pins and Needles||June 3, 2008|
|8||Keep It In The Family||June 10, 2008|
|9||Three-Way Getaway||June 17, 2008|
|Special||A Shot at Love II: Happy Hour||June 24, 2008|
|10||Fire and Ice||July 1, 2008|
|Special||A Shot at Love II: One Shot Too Many||July 8, 2008|
- Contestants surviving elimination in the first episode are arranged alphabetically, while eliminated contestants are arranged based on the order Tequila announced that their shot at love had ended, with the first eliminated listed at the bottom. Surviving women are listed before the men as they were invited to stay in the house first.
1 Samantha eventually started being called by her nickname, "Glitter."
- The contestant was eliminated.
- The contestant won a date with Tequila.
- The contestant won a date with Tequila, but was eliminated.
- The contestant was removed from the competition due to violence.
- The contestant was previously eliminated but was brought back into the competition.
- The contestant was given a key before the elimination ceremony.
- The contestant received the final key at the final elimination, but did not accept it and decided to leave Tequila.
The following table explains Tequila's published reasons for eliminating contestants.
- Some reasons were not stated in the episode in which they aired.
|Name||Reason for elimination||Episode eliminated|
|Serenity||Disrespected her by making out with Lili in her house.||Episode 1|
|Lili||Disrespected her by making out with Serenity in her house.||Episode 1|
|Tarra||Did not stand out.||Episode 1|
|Janny||Did not feel a connection.||Episode 1|
|Tashi||Creeped her out by "doing too much research on the Internet" on her.||Episode 1|
|Rada||Thought she was cool, but did not feel a connection.||Episode 1|
|Fame||Did not appreciate Fame interrupting her one-on-one time with another contestant by singing, and Tequila questioned her motives for being there.||Episode 2|
|V||Thought that she was more open to other people than her.||Episode 3|
|Lauryn||Felt that she wanted a friendship instead of a romance, as well as it seemed she wanted the attention of everyone else instead of her.||Episode 3|
|Sirbrina||Felt that Sirbrina offered nothing more than her attractive appearance. However, specific reason for elimination was not stated in episode.||Episode 5|
|Michelle||Felt that they lost their connection, and that she was fading into the background. However, specific reason for elimination was not stated in episode.||Episode 5|
|Glitter (Samantha)||Became fearful that she was too emotional for her.||Episode 6|
|Lisa||Did not like how she would not put her guard down. Also, Tequila was concerned about getting her heart broken, and how she did not want to deal with Lisa's constant head games.||Episode 7|
|Brittany||Did not think they had a romantic chemistry, despite admitting during a date that "she was falling in love with Brittany".||Episode 9|
|Kristy||Thought to be the "whole package," but Kristy was unsure about whether or not to accept Tequila's final key. Tequila told Kristy to be completely honest with her, to which Kristy agreed, admitting that she was not ready for a relationship with her and did not want to accept the key. Tequila dropped the key on the ground and retreated into the house to cry. Kristy put the key back and walked away from the house.||Episode 10|
|Name||Reason for elimination||Episode eliminated|
|Nick||Saw enough of him to last a lifetime, referring to the "gift in a box" during the talent show.||Episode 1|
|Matt||Sweet, but did not feel a connection at all.||Episode 1|
|Jeremy||Was acting a bit funny during Eliminations.||Episode 1|
|Chris||Uncomfortable by his bending her over and "trying to dry hump" her during the talent show.||Episode 1|
|Mason||Too much of a nice guy to handle a girl like her.||Episode 1|
|Greg||Had a stronger connection with twin brother (Dominic). Bothered by having brothers competing.||Episode 1|
|Christian||Was always drunk.||Episode 2|
|Ryan||Felt he no longer wished to be there.||Episode 3|
|Dominic||Believes that bisexuality and lesbianism are just phases to be outgrown.||Episode 3|
|Kyle||Though his early behavior endeared him to Tequila, Kyle's behavior turned out to be too creepy and stalkerish for her taste.||Episode 4|
|George||Was afraid he was too nice, and thought keeping him would only be for his protection. Brought back in Episode 5 after Tila had regrets of giving Chad a key instead of him.||Episode 4|
|Chad||Was disqualified for headbutting and punching Bo in the jaw and placing him in the hospital.||Episode 5|
|Scotty||Did not think they would cross that friendship line.||Episode 6|
|George||When Tequila brought him back after Chad was disqualified, she felt that George was happy to be back with everyone rather than having another chance with her.||Episode 7|
|Jay||Did not believe he was her type and did not want his temper to get in the way of their relationship.||Episode 8|
|Bo||She thinks that he is a great guy and believes that he will make someone happy one day, just not her. She wanted to be with Kristy.||Episode 10|
Final elimination leakedEdit
Before the final episode aired, an MSNBC report inadvertently leaked that Tequila would not actually find love. In the MSNBC report, which was published 18 days before the final elimination, it stated "[Tequila] won't fall in love with a man or a woman" followed by Tequila saying, "I am going to Africa. I think maybe I will fall in love in Africa."
- "Shot at Love 3 Casting". Archived from the original on 2008-09-30. Retrieved 2008-08-15.
- ""Double Shot" of Ikki love at MTV". Reuters. November 24, 2008.
- MTV.com"A Shot at Love with Tila Tequila Cast" A Shot at Love with Tila Tequila's official list of contestants. Retrieved on October 5, 2007
- MTV.com "A Shot at Love with Tila Tequila Episode May The Best Sex Win" "May The Best Sex Win" episode official summary. Retrieved on October 10, 2007
- Stated on air, MTV, April 22, 2008, episode one.
- Stated on air, MTV, April 29, 2008, episode two.
- Stated on air, MTV, May 6, 2008, episode three.
- Stated on air, MTV, May 27, 2008, episode six.
- Stated/Shown on air, MTV, June 3, 2008, episode seven.
- Stated on air, MTV, June 17, 2008, episode nine.
- Stated/Shown on air, MTV, July 1, 2008, episode ten.
- Stated on air, MTV, May 13, 2008, episode four.
- Stated on air, MTV, June 10, 2008, episode eight.
- "Tila Claims she's responsible for gay marriage". Today.com. 2008-06-12.