A Ghost of a Chance
|A Ghost of a Chance|
Film poster advertising this film in Japan
|Directed by||Kōki Mitani|
|Written by||Kōki Mitani|
|Starring||Eri Fukatsu |
|Box office||$54.08 million|
Emi Hosho, a third-rate lawyer without much of a future, is tasked with defending Goro Yabe, a man arrested for the murder of his wife. Without much hope of winning, Yabe proclaims his innocence, saying that he was under sleep paralysis at the time of the murder. Emi heads to the inn where Yabe stayed and encounters the ghost of fallen samurai Rokubei Sarashina, who claims he was the one holding Yabe in sleep paralysis. Rokubei is brought to the court as a witness. However, the prosecution denies the existence of the occult, asserting that Rokubei's testimony is inadmissible in court. So begins the struggle to prove Yabe's innocence.
- Eri Fukatsu - Emi Hosho (lawyer)
- Toshiyuki Nishida - Rokubei Sarashina (fallen samurai)
- Hiroshi Abe - Yu Hayami (lawyer)
- Kiichi Nakai - Tooru Osano (prosecutor)
- Yūko Takeuchi - Reiko Yabe (murder victim), Fuuko Hino (sister of the deceased)
- Tadanobu Asano - Kenichi Kino (historian, Rokubei's descendant)
- Tsuyoshi Kusanagi
- Fumiyo Kohinata
- "Box Office Mojo". IMDb.com, Inc. Retrieved 2012-01-17.
- ステキな金縛り(2010). Allcinema.net (in Japanese). Stingray. Retrieved 2011-11-02.
- Smith, Ian Hayden (2012). International Film Guide 2012. p. 157. ISBN 978-1908215017.
- Edwards, Russell (3 November 2011). "A Ghost of a Chance". Variety. Retrieved 21 May 2020.
|This article related to a Japanese film of the 2010s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This film article about a 2010s comedy is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|