A B M Shawkat Ali
A B M Shawkat Ali is a Bangladeshi origin-Australian author,computer scientist and data analyst. He author of several books in the area of Data Mining, Computational Intelligence, and Smart Grid. He is a newspaper columnist. He is an academic and well-known researcher in the areas of Machine Learning and Data Science. He is also the founder of a research center and international conferences in Data Science and Engineering. He is now an Adjunct Professor in Data Science in the School of Engineering and Technology, Central Queensland University, Australia.
A B M Shawkat Ali
এ বি এম শওকত আলী
A B M Shawkat Ali photo
|Pronunciation||Bengali pronunciation: [Ē bi ēma śa'ōkata ālī]|
|Occupation||Author, Academic and Writer|
|Spouse(s)||Dr. Jesmin Nahar|
Early life and educationEdit
Ali was born (July 30, 1969) just before the independent date of Bangladesh in Rajapur, Jamalpur. His parents Md. Saifuddin Sarker was a farmer and businessman and Mrs. Soufia Khatun was a housewife. Ali has two brothers and three sisters. He completed year five Primary education with regional first position from Rajapur Primary School in 1978, Secondary School Certificate (SSC) in 1984 securing First Division from Bahruakhali M N A High School, Jamalpur, Higher Secondary Certificate (HSC) in 1984 also securing First Division from Nasirabad College, Mymenshing in 1986. Then he got admission to study Electronics and Applied Physics Engineering Honours degree in The University of Rajshahi by obtaining the number one position in the admission within the Faculty of Science.
In Master's Examination (1991) from Rajshahi University, he obtained the second position with first class by breaking the 12 years record marks from the project group and was awarded a National Ministry of Science (NST) scholarship to study Master of Philosophy (MPhil) in computer science and engineering from the same university.
a. Senior Member, The Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE), USA 
b. Member, IEEE Computer Society, IEEE Industrial Electronics Society, IEEE Big Data Community, IEEE Cloud Computing Community, IEEE Cloud Computing Community, IEEE Systems, Man, and Cybernetics Society 
c. Member, Machine Intelligence Research Labs, USA 
Ali started his professional career by teaching as a lecturer in the Department of Computer Science and Engineering, Islamic University, Bangladesh in 1997. Then he was promoted as an Assistant Professor in the same university in 1999. In 2001, Ali received the International Post Graduation Scholarship to pursue his PhD research at Monash University, Melbourne, Australia in Information Technology with a major Statistical Learning Theory under Machine Learning. In the same year, Ali joined Gippsland School of Information Technology (GSIT), Monash University as an Assistant Lecturer. After submitting his PhD Thesis, he joined immediately as a Lead Lecturer in Data Mining at Central Queensland University in 2005. In 2006 Ali moved to Central Queensland University's main campus at Rockhampton, Queensland, Australia, and he was promoted as a Senior Lecturer in the School of Computer Science in 2008. In 2007 he became an author of book writing and his book is using over the 40 universities around the world as a text. Again, Ali moved to the School of Engineering and Technology in 2013 at the same university. He worked as a Visiting Professor under Consumer Purchasing Behaviour Monitoring in 2013 at the School of Business, Kansai University, Japan. In 2014 Ali moved to a South Pacific country – Fiji and joined as a Professor in Computer Science under the Department of Computer Science and Information Technology, The University of Fiji and appointed as a Head of Department. At the end of 2014, he resigned from head of department position and joined as an executive dean for the School of Science and Technology at the same university. In 2017, he joined as a visiting faculty for MBA program at The University of the South Pacific. Ali served as an academic consultant to Fiji National University to establish post-grad (Post Grad Diploma, Master's, and PhD) programs in 2018. Then he moved to Central Queensland University in 2019 as an Adjunct Professor in Data Science.
b. Outstanding Leadership Award, 12th IEEE International Conference on Trust, Security and Privacy in Computing and Communications, 2013.
c. Excellence in Supervision Award, Central Queensland University, Australia, 2007.
Founder and international community servicesEdit
Ali established a research and training centre in Fiji and he is the founder of two international conferences in Information Technology and Engineering.
a. Centre for Smart Technology, Fiji 
b. IEEE Asia-Pacific Conference on Computer Science and Data Engineering (IEEE CSDE) 
c. International Conference on Sustainable Technology and Engineering (i-COSTE) 
Ali served widely international community
a. IEEE Student Counsellor, 2008–2010.
b. Fiji government delegate to The United Nations Climate Change Conference, COP20 in Lima, Peru, from December 1 to 12, 2014.
c. Program advisor to The University of Alicante, Spain and The University of Papua New Guinea, PNG, 2016.
d. UniFiji delegate to The Commonwealth Education Ministers Conference, 2018.
e. ICISET 2016, International Advisor, Bangladesh, 2016.
Ali is a well-known international keynote speaker
d. Quantum Computing, International Colloquium on Advanced Convergence Engineering, KMOU, South Korea, 2018.
Ali leaded few international conferences as a General Chair successfully
a. General Chair: The Australasian Universities Power Engineering Conference (AUPEC 2019), Mariott Resort, Fiji, 26-29th Nov. 2019.
b. General Chair: 10th International Conference Internet and Distributed Computing System (IDCS 2017) in Mana Island, Fiji on 12–14 December 2017.
c. General Chair: The 16th IEEE International Conference on Computer and Information Technology (CIT-2016), 8–10 December, Shangri-La's Fijian Resort and Spa – Yanuca Island, Fiji.
d. General Chair: The 2nd International Symposium on Security and Privacy in Social Networks and Big Data (SocialSec 2016), 8–10 December, Shangri-La's Fijian Resort and Spa – Yanuca Island, Fiji.
e. General Chair: The 3rd International Conference on Internet of Vehicles (IOV 2016), 8–10 December, Shangri-La's Fijian Resort and Spa – Yanuca Island, Fiji.
f. General Chair: The Sixth IEEE International Symposium on Cloud and Services Computing (SC2 2016), Shangri-La's Fijian Resort and Spa – Yanuca Island, Fiji.
g. General Chair: The 10th International Conference on Green, Pervasive and Cloud Computing (GPC 2015) held in Plantation Island, Fiji, 4–6 May 2015.
Ali have published books, book chapters, research papers and newspaper articles over 150, all his research publications have appeared in peer-reviewed journals and conference proceedings.
a. Golden Opportunity For Sports Institute 
b. FOCUS: Cloud Computing – Time To Get In 
c. FOCUS: Golap Banu Story With A Fijian Lesson 
- "Ali, A B M Shawkat about". trove.nla.gov.au. Retrieved 2020-12-28.
- "School of Engineering and Technology". CQUniversity Australia. Retrieved 2020-12-28.
- "Bangladeshi Educators Abroad". Bangladesh Circle. Retrieved 2020-12-28.
- IEEE Profile, https://www.ieee.org/profile/myprofile/myprofile.html
- "IEEE Profile of ABM Sakhawat Ali". www.ieee.org. Retrieved 2020-12-28.
- "IT Alumni Monash University". Sign Up | LinkedIn. Retrieved 2020-12-28.
- "About the Contributors ABM Sakhawat Ali". IGI Global. Retrieved 2020-12-28.
- "CQUniNEWS - Data mining textbook adopted early". uninewsarchive.cqu.edu.au. Retrieved 2020-12-28.
- Zuo, Yi; Ali, A. B. M. Shawkat; Yada, Katsutoshi (2014). "Consumer Purchasing Behavior Extraction Using Statistical Learning Theory". Procedia Computer Science. 35: 1464–1473. doi:10.1016/j.procs.2014.08.209.
- "SOST News Letter June 2014" (PDF). University of Fiji.
- "A B M Shawkat Ali's Publons profile". publons.com. Retrieved 2020-12-28.
- "The University of Fiji Annual Report 2014" (PDF). University of Fiji.
- "The Environment Research Group – The University of Fiji". Retrieved 2020-12-28.
- "SOST Newsletter December 2014" (PDF). University of Fiji.
- "vice-chancellor-professor-prem-misir-with-reviewer-associate-professor-alison". University of Fiji Fb. Retrieved 2020-12-28.
- "2015 Fiji University Academic Calendar | Academic Term | Legal Education". Scribd. Retrieved 2020-12-28.
- "Visiting Faculty". www.usp.ac.fj. Retrieved 2020-12-28.
- "A B M Shawkat Ali Profile". Expert Connect. Retrieved 2020-12-28.
- "CSDL | IEEE Computer Society". www.computer.org. Retrieved 2020-12-28.
- "CFP". easychair.org. Retrieved 2020-12-28.
- "Hard Work Pays: Ali". Retrieved 2020-12-28.
- "TrustCom 2013". nsclab.org. Retrieved 2020-12-28.
- "Awards & Grants". Medicine, Nursing and Health Sciences. Retrieved 2020-12-28.
- "Fiji PM endorses InstaCharge, the app its creators claim can recharge your phone". the Guardian. 2016-12-03. Retrieved 2020-12-28.
- "Interview with Shawkat Ali - Utilities". resourcecenter.smartgrid.ieee.org. Retrieved 2020-12-28.
- "The future of energy relies on cloud computing, data mining and the Internet of Things". CQUniversity Australia. Retrieved 2020-12-28.
- "What's at Risk as We Get Smarter?". resourcecenter.smartgrid.ieee.org. Retrieved 2020-12-28.
- "Evaluation Report of PIURN Network" (PDF). Pacific Islands University Research Network.
- "7th IEEE CSDE 2020 Committee". ieee-csde.org. Retrieved 2020-12-28.
- "6th IEEE i-COSTE 2020 Committee". ieee-csde.org. Retrieved 2020-12-28.
- "ANNUAL REPORT FOR THE AGM 2011" (PDF). University of Queensland.
- "List of participants of Conference of the Parties" (PDF). United Nations.
- Hydrant (http://www.hydrant.co.uk), Site designed and built by (2017-12-13). "20th Conference of Commonwealth Education Ministers – 20CCEM". The Commonwealth. Retrieved 2020-12-28.
- "Conference 2019: List of Speakers". University of Rajshahi. Retrieved 2020-12-28.
- "Speakers – IC4ME2 2018". Retrieved 2020-12-28.
- "2nd International workshop 2016" (PDF). Kansai University.
- "bio-conference". Rajshahi University. Retrieved 2020-12-28.
- "A seminar on "Current Research Trends in ICT via Twitter". Islamic University.
- "29th AUPEC (26-29th Nov. 2019) in The Natural Paradise, Fiji!". aupec.org. Retrieved 2020-12-28.
- "10th IDCS 2017 Committee". ilab-australia.org. Retrieved 2020-12-28.
- "IEEE CIT 2016 Organisation Committees". nsclab.org. Retrieved 2020-12-28.
- "IEEE SocialSec 2016 Orgainsation Committees". nsclab.org. Retrieved 2020-12-28.
- "3rd International Conference on Internet of Vehicles | A3PS". www.a3ps.at. Retrieved 2020-12-28.
- "[Title page iii]". 2016 IEEE International Conference on Computer and Information Technology (CIT): iii. 2016. doi:10.1109/CIT.2016.2. ISBN 978-1-5090-4314-9.
- Wang, Yu. "[Om-announce] CFP: 10th International Conference on Green, Pervasive and Cloud Computing (GPC 2015), Plantation Island, Fiji, 4-6 May 2015".
- Internet and Distributed Computing Systems - 10th International Conference, IDCS 2017, Mana Island, Fiji, December 11-13, 2017, Proceedings | Giancarlo Fortino | Apress.
- Hsu, Ching-Hsien; Wang, Shangguang; Zhou, Ao; Shawkat, Ali, eds. (2016). Internet of Vehicles – Technologies and Services: Third International Conference, IOV 2016, Nadi, Fiji, December 7–10, 2016, Proceedings. Information Systems and Applications, incl. Internet/Web, and HCI. Springer International Publishing. ISBN 978-3-319-51968-5.
- Li, Wenfeng; Ali, Shawkat; Lodewijks, Gabriel; Fortino, Giancarlo; Di Fatta, Giuseppe; Yin, Zhouping; Pathan, Mukaddim; Guerrieri, Antonio; Wang, Qiang, eds. (2016). "Internet and Distributed Computing Systems". Lecture Notes in Computer Science. 9864. doi:10.1007/978-3-319-45940-0. ISBN 978-3-319-45939-4. ISSN 0302-9743. S2CID 35410472.
- "Energy Storage for Power Utility / 978-3-659-56371-3 / 9783659563713 / 3659563714". www.lap-publishing.com. Retrieved 2020-12-28.
- Khan, Zeashan; Ali, A. B. M. Shawkat; Riaz, Zahid, eds. (2014). Computational Intelligence for Decision Support in Cyber-Physical Systems. Studies in Computational Intelligence. Springer Singapore. ISBN 978-981-4585-35-4.
- Ali, A. B. M. Shawkat, ed. (2013). Smart Grids: Opportunities, Developments, and Trends. Green Energy and Technology. London: Springer-Verlag. ISBN 978-1-4471-5209-5.
- Shawkat, Ali (2012-06-30). Multidisciplinary Computational Intelligence Techniques: Applications in Business, Engineering, and Medicine: Applications in Business, Engineering, and Medicine. IGI Global. ISBN 978-1-4666-1831-2.
- Shawkat, Ali, A. B. M.; Yang, Xiang (2009-11-30). Dynamic and Advanced Data Mining for Progressing Technological Development: Innovations and Systemic Approaches: Innovations and Systemic Approaches. IGI Global. ISBN 978-1-60566-909-0.
- Shawkat Ali, A. B. M.; Wasimi, Saleh A. (2007). Data mining: methods and techniques. South Melbourne, Vic: Thomson Learning Australia. ISBN 978-0-17-013676-1.
- "Golden Opportunity For Sports Institute". Retrieved 2020-12-28.
- "OPINION: Cloud Computing – Time To Get In". Retrieved 2020-12-28.
- "FOCUS: Golap Banu Story With A Fijian Lesson". Retrieved 2020-12-28.