This article or section contains a current television or radio schedule. Wikipedia articles should not list current broadcast schedules. Additionally, schedules which have been copied and pasted from an external source may possibly be in violation of copyright. (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Broadcast area||Bangladesh, North America|
|Slogan||বাংলার ২৪ ঘণ্টা (24 hours of Bengali)|
53, Kawranbazar C/A
Dhaka - 1215
|Picture format||16:9 SDTV|
|Owner||Multimedia Production Company|
|Sister channels||ATN Bangla|
|Launched||June 7, 2010|
|4520 H 30000|
|Akash DTH (Bangladesh)||Channel|
ATN News broadcast its first test transmission on May 1, 2010 and officially went on air on June 7, 2010. World class television journalist and media personality Mishuk Munier joined ATN News as CEO and chief editor in November 2010. He worked with the TV station until his death on August 13, 2011. Noted Bangladeshi journalist Abed Khan took over the role of CEO and chief editor in 2011; he remained in that post until his resignation on April 20, 2013. Currently, Dr. Mahfuzur Rahman is the chairman of ATN News, while Sharker Firoz serves as CEO and advisor and Munni Saha acts as ATN's head of news.
- Prime News (Bengali) at 08:00, 11:00, 20:00, 23:00
- News Hour (Bengali) every 3 hours
- News Now (Bengali) at 10:00, 16:00, 17:00, 22:00, 02:00, 05:00
- News Update (Bengali) at 14:20
- News Now (English) at 13:00, 01:00, 04:00
- News at Seven (English) at 19:00
- Breakfast News (English) at 07:00
On Friday and Saturday, ATN News airs a set of special news stories on a particular topic to draw the attention of general people and the government.
Shows and programsEdit
- Amader Kotha (আমাদের কথা), a show reflecting the view, opinion and reaction of general people on a particular topic. Amader Kotha runs for around 5–10 minutes and airs at 14:40 Sunday to Thursday every week.
- Anandaloke (আনন্দলোকে), a weekly program covering cultural activities happening across the country. The 20-minute show is telecast at 19:30 every Friday.
- Around the World, a bulletin highlighting international political, social and cultural affairs. The 15-minute-long bulletin is broadcast at 16:20 every day.
- Biz Talk, a talk show on business affairs. The discussion mainly centres on capital markets, the banking sector, currency, trade and commerce. Biz Talk airs for around 40 minutes beginning at 13:15 on Sunday and Monday every week.
- Box Office, a weekly entertainment show encompassing new and upcoming releases, gossip, top music charts and other entertainment stories. The 20-minute-long show also discusses world music and other sources of entertainment. Box Office airs at 19:30 Monday and repeats at 07:30 Tuesday.
- Connecting BD, a program hosted by video conference, connecting various people on topical issues. Connecting BD is broadcast at 17:15 on Fridays and lasts for around 35 minutes.
- Corporate, a fortnightly program focusing on the corporate world and professionals who have achieved substantial success in different job arenas. Corporate airs at 20:30 on every other Saturday and runs for nearly 20 minutes.
- Editorial, a talk show in English highlighting contemporary issues ranging from domestic to international affairs. The program airs live at 19:30 every Sunday (Bangladesh Standard Time) and repeats at 07:30 every Monday. Editorial runs for around 20 minutes.
- Ei Banglai (এই বাংলায়), a 20-minute video journal that examines life throughout the country. Hosted by Munni Saha, Ei Banglai is telecast at 20:30 every other Saturday.
- Ekdin Protidin (একদিন প্রতিদিন), an interview show covering the daily life of a personality. Ekdin Protidin airs at 20:30 every Thursday and runs for around 20 minutes.
- Follow Up, a program that follows up on much-discussed incidents. Follow Up airs every Monday at 20:30 and runs for around 20 minutes.
- News Hour Xtra, a talk show on the most-discussed issue of the day. News Hour Xtra is broadcast at 21:30 every day and runs for around 60 minutes.
- News Uncut, a show broadcasting unedited and barely edited video footage of different news topics. Each News Uncut runs for roughly 3–5 minutes.
- Shopping Bag, a program discussing various products and services ranging from car to clothes, furniture to handbags, and the like. Shopping Bag airs at 14:30 on Fridays and Saturdays and runs for 15 minutes.
- Sports Insight, a daily sports bulletin that airs at 23:30. Sports Insight runs for roughly 20 minutes.
- Top of the Week, a 20-minute-long program highlighting the week's top news stories. Top of the Week airs at 19:30 on Sundays.
- Visual Diary, a video journal focusing on a particular news topic. The 20-minute program is telecast at 19:30 every Wednesday.
- Young Nite, a program reflecting the views, opinions and lifestyles of the young generation. Young Nite airs at 01:15 on Fridays, Sundays and Tuesdays and runs for 40 minutes.
- "ATN News goes on air today". The Daily Star. 7 June 2010. Retrieved 30 April 2015. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Tareque Masud, Mishuk Munier killed in road crash". The Daily Star. 13 August 2011. Archived from the original on 24 October 2012. Retrieved 30 April 2015. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Ethical journalism to prevail". The Daily Star. 24 November 2012. Retrieved 6 December 2012.
- "Abed Khan Resigns From ATN News", Taza Khobor, 21 April 2013, archived from the original on 19 August 2014, retrieved 28 April 2013
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to ATN News.|