This article needs additional citations for verification. (May 2010)
AQ Interactive, Inc. was a Japanese video game developer and publisher. AQ stands for Artistic Quality. It was the parent company of the developers Artoon, Cavia and feelplus, and most recently the U.S. publisher Xseed Games. AQ Interactive and its subsidiaries produced games both under the AQ Interactive name, as well as developing for other publishers such as Microsoft Game Studios and Nintendo.
|Founded||October 1, 2005|
|Defunct||October 5, 2011|
|Fate||Merged with Marvelous Entertainment and Liveware|
|Shuichi Motoda, CEO|
Number of employees
|393 (as of March 2010)|
|Subsidiaries||Refer to subsidiary|
AQ Interactive was founded on October 1, 2005, when Cavia, established on March 1, 2000, changed its name and became a holding company responsible for the management of subsidiary companies as well as sales and promotion of video game software. The old company's game planning & development business became Cavia Inc. which remained a subsidiary of AQI, until July 2010, when Cavia was re-absorbed as a part of AQI.
On March 26, 2009, AQ Interactive, Inc. announced the establishment of its mobile contents and overseas business divisions, effective on April 1, 2009.
On March 31, 2011, AQ Interactive, Inc. announced merging its software and amusement business departments into consumer business department.
- XSEED JKS, Inc.: On May 15, 2007, AQ Interactive, Inc. announced the acquisition of XSEED JKS, Inc., with share transfer before June 2007. On May 1, 2009, AQ Interactive, Inc. announced increasing its stake of XSEED JKS, Inc. from 55.0% (486636 shares) to 90.0% (766859 shares) on the day of announcement.
- LINKTHINK Inc. (株式会社リンクシンク): On April 16, 2009, AQ Interactive, Inc. announced the acquisition of LINKTHINK Inc., effective on April 16, 2009. AQ Interactive, Inc. would own 66.8% stake (1030 shares) of the subsidiary. On November 6, 2009, AQ Interactive, Inc. announced increasing its stake of LINKTHINK Inc. to 100% (1540 shares).
- Microcabin Corporation (株式会社マイクロキャビン): On 2008-05-09, AQ Interactive, Inc. announced the acquisition of Microcabin Corporation via share purchase, with trade on May 16, 2008. On January 14, 2011, AQ Interactive, Inc. announced selling its 85% stake (312704 shares) of Microcabin Corporation to Fields Corporation (フィールズ株式会社), and Microcabin Corporation became a consolidated subsidiary of Fields Corporation.
- feelplus Inc. (株式会社フィールプラス): A carryover subsidiary of cavia inc. On April 28, 2011, AQ Interactive, Inc. announced merging feelplus Inc. into AQ Interactive, Inc., effective on August 1, 2011.
- Cavia Inc. (株式会社キャビア): On April 28, 2011, AQ Interactive, Inc. announced merging Cavia Inc. into AQ Interactive, Inc., effective on August 1, 2011.
- Artoon (株式会社アートゥーン): On April 28, 2011, AQ Interactive, Inc. announced merging Artoon into AQ Interactive, Inc., effective on August 1, 2011.
The following are games developed and/or published by AQ Interactive.
- Pokémon Battrio (2007) : Fighting
- Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Jong (Higurashi When They Cry characters mahjong video game) (2009) : Mahjong
- Touch the Numbers (TBA)
- Cubemall : UFO catcher
- Minna de Derby : Horse racing
- PlayStation 2
- Love Com (2006) : Adventure
- Driver: Parallel Lines (Japanese version) (2006): Action
- Arcana Heart (2007) : Fighting
- Suggoi! Arcana Heart 2 (2009) : Fighting
- PlayStation 3
- PlayStation Portable
- Jitsuroku Oniyome Nikki (2006) : Action
- Anata wo Yurusanai (2007) : Sound novel
- Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Jan (2009) : Mahjong
- CR Hana no Keiji Zan (Cancelled) : Pachinko simulator
- Victorious Boxers: Revolution (2007) : Fighting
- The World of Golden Eggs: Nori Nori Rhythm-kei (2008) : Rhythm action
- Ju-on: The Grudge (2009) : Survival horror/Graphic adventure
- Club Penguin: Game Day! (2010) : Minigame collection
- Nintendo DS
- Boing! Docomodake DS (2007) : Puzzle
- KORG DS-10 (2008) : Music synthesizer software
- Blue Dragon Plus (2008) : Tactical role-playing
- Away: Shuffle Dungeon (2008) : Role-playing
- KORG DS-10 Plus (2009) : Music synthesizer software
- Nintendo 3DS
- Xbox 360
- Tetris: The Grand Master ACE (2005) : Puzzle
- Tsuushin Taisen Mahjong Touryuumon (2006) : Mahjong
- Bullet Witch (2006) : Action-adventure
- Vampire Rain (2007) : Action-adventure/Stealth
- Browser game
- Browser Sangokushi (2009) : Strategy/Simulation
- Baka to Test to Shōkanjū for Mixi (2010) : Quiz/Simulation
- Derby Master (2010) : Horse racing/Simulation
- Browser Baseball (2010) : Sports/Simulation
- Glandarius Wing Strike (2009) : Shoot 'em up
- Nintendo 3DS
- Animal Resort (2011) – published by Marvelous Entertainment
- PlayStation 3
- "Marvelous AQL Celebrates Consolidation with Party and New Title Announcement Press Conference". Adriansang. Retrieved October 6, 2011.
- Darryl (July 12, 2010). "NieR To Be Cavia's Last Title, Company Ceases". Gaming Union. Archived from the original on July 15, 2010. Retrieved March 17, 2011.
- "本店移転に関するお知らせ". Archived from the original on March 6, 2016. Retrieved June 21, 2013.
- "Artoon And Feelplus Also Absorbed Into AQ Interactive". siliconera. Retrieved October 13, 2011.
- "XSEED JKS，Inc.の株式の取得（子会社化）に関するお知らせ". Archived from the original on March 5, 2016. Retrieved June 21, 2013.
- "XSEED JKS，Inc.の株式の取得(子会社化)完了のお知らせ". Archived from the original on October 23, 2013. Retrieved June 21, 2013.
- "株式会社マイクロキャビンの株式の取得（子会社化）に関するお知らせ". Archived from the original on October 23, 2013. Retrieved June 21, 2013.
- Notification regarding a Share Transfer Agreement on the Acquisition of Shares Held by AQ INTERACTIVE INC. in MICROCABIN CORP. to Make It a Subsidiary of Fields Corporation