APU/Citrus College station
APU/Citrus College is an at-grade light rail station in the Los Angeles County Metro Rail system. It is located between Palm Drive and Citrus Avenue, a block north of Foothill Boulevard, in Azusa, California next to Citrus College and within walking distance of Azusa Pacific University. The station is currently being used as Metro Gold Line's new temporary terminal station.
|Location||905 N Citrus Ave (parking structure)|
3 EV charging stations
18 bike rack spaces|
24 bike lockers
|Opened||March 5, 2016|
Due to heavy rain in March 2016, the previously delayed underpass construction on N. Citrus Ave. was flooded. The Citrus Avenue extension and underpass was finally opened in September 2016.
|Platform||Southbound||← Gold Line toward Atlantic (Azusa Downtown)|
|Island platform, doors will open on the left or right|
|Southbound||← Gold Line toward Atlantic (Azusa Downtown)|
Future Metro Rail serviceEdit
The Gold Line will continue east to the future Montclair station as part of Phase 2B., which will take another 8-9 years, projected completion is 2026-2027.
- Los Angeles County Metro Rail
- Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority
- Los Angeles Metro Rail rolling stock
- "Gold Line". Metro. LACMTA. Retrieved 6 March 2016.
- "Art of the Journey, The Foothill Gold Line" (PDF). Foothill Gold Line Construction Authority. Retrieved 24 August 2014.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2006-07-15. Retrieved 2010-04-30.
- http://www.foothillextension.org/CityRelatedDevelopment/crd%20azusa.htm[permanent dead link]
- LA Metro (May 30, 2014). "Gold Line Foothill Extension". Retrieved October 2, 2014.
- Nelson, Laura J. (March 5, 2016). "Metro Gold Line extension tests San Gabriel Valley's support for transit". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved 6 March 2016.
- "Archived copy" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 2016-03-01. Retrieved 2016-02-18.