Founded in 2007, APO Group is a media relations' consulting firm and press release distribution service in Africa and the Middle East. The company assist private and public organizations in sharpening their reputation and increasing their brand equity in target countries.
|Industry||Media relations, Public relations and Public affairs|
|Africa and Middle East|
(Founder, Chairman and 100% Owner)
Number of employees
|Divisions||Media relations, Advisory|
The company owns and manages Africa Wire and MENA Wire, press release distribution services focusing on Africa and the Middle East and is the sole press release wire in Africa, as well as Video Newswire, a video production service distributing videos to up to 1000 news TV channels across Africa, the Middle East, and the world.
The CEO of APO Group is Lionel Reina, a French-born business executive, and former Vice President and General Manager for Eastern Europe, the Middle East and Africa at Orange Business Services, the B2B division of French telecoms giant Orange S.A. – from 2004 to 2011. Reina has also served as Chairman of the Board of Orange Business Saudi Arabia, and Middle East Director in the Gulf region for Accenture.
The founder, Chairman and 100% owner of APO Group is the Franco-Gabonese self-made entrepreneur and angel investor Nicolas Pompigne-Mognard.
Its headquarters is in Lausanne, Switzerland.
APO Group has content partnerships with Bloomberg, Thomson Reuters, CNBC Africa, Africanews, a subsidiary of euronews, LexisNexis, Dow Jones Factiva, Proquest, Acquire Media, Comtex, and 250 other African news websites. APO Group also provides a feed of Africa-related news releases to 250 million mobile subscribers in 30 countries in Africa.
APO Group manages Africa-Newsroom.com, a source of press releases and multi-media files related to Africa, publishing press releases, videos, photos, documents and audio-files for clients including Fortune 1000 companies, PR agencies, government and international institutions, including the United Nations, the European Commission, the International Criminal Court, and the African Development Bank Group.
- APO Group appoints Lionel Reina as the new CEO December 3, 2018
- The Gabonese Journalist Who Built A Multi-Million Dollar Media Relations Company Forbes - December 7, 2018
- Continent's only press release wire service, African Press Organization PR Week - May 10, 2013
- From 1 January 2013, the African Press Organisation (APO) becomes the sole pan-African press release wire, as it terminates its partnership with PR Newswire Bizcommunity - 11 Oct 2012
- APO Group launches Video Newswire Media Update - 17 Oct 2017
- Video dominates news consumption in Africa
- Nicolas Pompigne-Mognard, Founder and CEO of APO Group and Abdelaziz Bougja, Chairman of World Rugby's African association, Rugby Africa during the signing ceremony of the agreement under which APO Group becomes the main Official Sponsor of Rugby Africa, at Royal Garden Hotel on November 12, 2017 in London, England. (Photo by Eamonn M. McCormack/Getty Images for APO Group). Getty Images. November 12, 2017
- APO Group becomes the Official Partner of World Rugby's African association, Rugby Africa Archived 2018-01-21 at the Wayback Machine. CNBC Africa. November 12, 2017
- Rugby Africa to continue groundbreaking partnership with APO Group africanews (euronews subsidiary) - March 1, 2019
- "Getty Images and APO Group Announce Strategic Partnership". Global Banking & Finance Review. June 3, 2019. Retrieved 3 June 2019.
- "Orange Business Services appoints new GM for ME". Retrieved 1 November 2018.
- "Africa Wire to reach Bloomberg". bizcommunity.com.
- African Press Organization signs distribution pact with Dow Jones Factiva Archived April 7, 2014, at the Wayback Machine African Manager
- "SEO - Analyse - Brukeroptimalisering - Findability AS". pressemeldinger.no.
- (Press Release) APO Announces Strategic Partnership With IMImobile to Provide an Exclusive Feed of Africa-Related News Releases Across Africa GlobeNewswire NASDAQ OMX Group - April 24, 2014
- APO Enhances Press Release Distribution Service Offerings via NASDAQ OMX's GlobeNewswire NASDAQ OMX's GlobeNewswire
- APO Enhances Press Release Distribution Service Offerings via CSRwire CSRwire
- "AGENCE DE PRESSE AFRICAINE". apanews.net. Archived from the original on 2015-09-23. Retrieved 2010-06-16.
- African Development Bank renews agreement with APO Bizcommunity - 17 Jan 2013