API Healthcare is based in Hartford, Wisconsin and is a developer of healthcare-specific workforce management software. The company is best known for providing workforce management solutions to the healthcare industry.
|Products||Health care technology, Software|
Number of employees
The company currently has 350 employees.
API Healthcare was founded in 1982 and is based in Hartford, Wisconsin. Formerly known as API Software, Inc., the company was purchased by Francisco Partners, a private equity firm headquartered in San Francisco, in November 2008. The company changed its name to API Healthcare in February 2009.
In December 2009, API Healthcare acquired the Addison, TX-based company Clearview Staffing Software, a provider of workforce management solutions. In 2017, this contingent staffing division was acquired by HealthcareSource.
An intended merger between API Healthcare and Kronos, Inc., a Massachusetts-based workforce management vendor, was announced in February 2011. That merger was abandoned in April 2011 following antitrust concerns from the U.S. Department of Justice.
In February 2012, API Healthcare acquired Concerro, a San Diego-based provider of staffing solutions delivered via a Software as a Service (SaaS) model. This acquisition enabled the company to provide its software to home health care, retail clinics, a long-term care facilities, and similar.
In April 2018, Veritas Capital acquired GE's revenue-cycle, ambulatory care and workforce management software unit (formerly API Healthcare) for $1.05 billion in cash.
In April 2019, Veritas sold the API Healthcare unit to symplr, a provider of compliance and credentialing solutions for healthcare organizations.
API Healthcare offers integrated workforce management technology to the healthcare industry. It offers its solutions to monitor and control labor costs, address staffing challenges, automate time and attendance, track and manage human resource data, manage payroll in real time, and base workloads on patient classification.
Solutions for health systems include time and attendance, staffing and scheduling, talent management, human resources and payroll, business analytics, and patient classification solutions for healthcare providers.
- "Company Overview of API Healthcare Corporation". Bloomberg Businessweek. Retrieved 10 May 2013.
- "Equity firm closes on API Software deal". The Business Journal. Retrieved 10 May 2013.
- "API Healthcare Corporation". InsideView. Archived from the original on 2013-02-24. Retrieved 10 May 2013.
- "Company Soundbite: Clearview Staffing Software". Staffing Robot. Archived from the original on 10 November 2013. Retrieved 10 May 2013.
- "API Healthcare Corp. Abandons Merger Plans with Kronos Inc. After Justice Department Expresses Antitrust Concerns". The United States Department of Justice. Retrieved 10 May 2013.
- "Breaking News: Concerro Acquired by API Healthcare". Staffing Robot. Archived from the original on 10 November 2013. Retrieved 10 May 2013.
- "API Healthcare Acquires Concerro". Hartford Area Development Corporation. Archived from the original on 12 December 2012. Retrieved 10 May 2013.
- "GE is acquiring API Healthcare to improve efficiency & transparency in hospitals". VentureBeat. 2014-01-21. Retrieved 2019-06-04.
- "GE to Acquire API Healthcare". www.businesswire.com. 2014-01-21. Retrieved 2019-06-04.
- LaVito, Angelica (2018-04-02). "Veritas Capital to acquire a GE Healthcare unit for $1 billion". CNBC. Retrieved 2019-06-04.
- L.P, Clearlake Capital Group. "Clearlake Capital-Backed symplr To Acquire API Healthcare". www.prnewswire.com. Retrieved 2019-06-04.