ADISQ stands for Association québécoise de l'industrie du disque, du spectacle et de la video, which translates as "Québec Association for the Recording, Concert and Video Industries". It is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to support the independent music industry in Québec. It was created in 1978.
Its first mission consisted of two goals in order to promote the Québec music industry:
- From its creation in 1978, the ADISQ has had the responsibility of organizing a collective stand (Musique du Québec) and coordinating member participation at the Marché International du Disque et de l'Edition Musicale
- Starting in 1979, it was to produce an annual televised gala that seeks to award artists, artisans, and professionals in the music industry. In addition to the main gala, the ADISQ also produced the Autre Gala (since 2003) and Gala de l'industrie (since 2009). Both ceremonies took place on the same day. In 2015 the name Autre Gala was changed to Le Premier Gala de l'ADISQ
Several years after realizing these objectives, its mission was changed to include lobbying the governments of Canada and Québec on the following issues:
- General policy pertaining to the recording, concert and video industries;
- Financing of these industries;
- The protection of artists' intellectual property;
- Broadcasting regulations.
- ADISQ at Encyclopedia of Music in Canada
- Communique ADISQ 2015 Le Premiere Gala
- Le Premier Gala de l’ADISQ sera diffusé à Télé-Québec (Journal de Montréal, June 20 2016)
- Notre raison d'être,c'est la musique de votre quotidien
- Le Partenariat du Quartier des spectacles
- "LES PRODUCTIONS JACQUES K. PRIMEAU: À propos de nous". Archived from the original on 2017-02-01. Retrieved 2017-01-19.
- "WIN Members". Worldwide Independent Networks. Retrieved 17 August 2019.