ADISQ (French: Association québécoise de l'industrie du disque, du spectacle et de la video; English: Québec Association for the Recording, Concert and Video Industries) is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to support the independent music industry in Quebec. It was created in 1978.
Its first mission consisted of two goals to promote the Québec music industry:
- From its creation in 1978, the ADISQ has had the responsibility of organizing a collective stand (Musique du Québec) and coordinating member participation at the Marché International du Disque et de l'Edition Musicale
- Starting in 1979, it was to produce an annual televised gala that seeks to award artists, artisans, and professionals in the music industry. In addition to the main gala, the ADISQ also produced the Autre Gala (since 2003) and Gala de l'industrie (since 2009). Both ceremonies took place on the same day. In 2015 the name Autre Gala was changed to Le Premier Gala de l'ADISQ
Several years after realizing these objectives, its mission was changed to include lobbying the governments of Canada and Québec on the following issues:
- General policy pertaining to the recording, concert and video industries;
- Financing of these industries;
- The protection of artists' intellectual property;
- Broadcasting regulations.
- "WIN Members". Worldwide Independent Networks. Retrieved 17 August 2019.
- ADISQ at Encyclopedia of Music in Canada
- "Communique ADISQ 2015 Le Premiere Gala" (PDF).
- QMI, Agence. "Le Premier Gala de l'ADISQ sera diffusé à Télé-Québec". Le Journal de Montréal.
- "ADISQ : Association québécoise de l'industrie du disque, du spectacle et de la vidéo". ADISQ.
- "Quartier des spectacles | Histoire et vision". www.quartierdesspectacles.com.
- "LES PRODUCTIONS JACQUES K. PRIMEAU: À propos de nous". Archived from the original on 1 February 2017. Retrieved 19 January 2017.
- (in French) ADISQ Official Site