Atria Convergence Technologies(Redirected from ACT Broadband)
Atria Convergence Technologies Limited., branded as ACT, is an Indian telecommunications company headquartered in Bengaluru, Karnataka. ACT offers fiber to the home services under the brand name "ACT Fibernet" and digital television services under the "ACT Digital" brand. The company provides services in Karnataka, Telangana, Andhra Pradesh, Tamil Nadu and Delhi.
|Headquarters||Indian Express Building, No.1, 2nd Floor, Queen's Road, Bangalore, Karnataka, India|
|Major metro cities and some towns.|
|Revenue||₹500 crore (US$70 million) (2013-14)|
Number of employees
ACT was the twelfth largest internet service provider in India as of March 2016. As on 30th June 2017, ACT was the third largest wired broadband service provider in India with over 1.22 million subscribers.
In 2009, the company acquired Beam Telecom Pvt. Ltd for an undisclosed sum. Beam Telecom was founded by Brijesh Chandwani in 2004, and offered broadband services in Hyderabad under the brand name Beam Fiber. ACT acquired an additional 20% stake in Beam Telecom in June 2014, raising its total stake in the company to 80%. In July 2014, ACT rebranded its broadband service from ACT Broadband to ACT Fibernet.
ACT continued to operate services in Hyderabad under the Beam Fiber name until 2015. On 16 February 2015, ACT announced that it was merging Beam Telecom Pvt. Ltd into itself, and would offer wire-line optical fiber broadband services in Hyderabad under the ACT Fibernet name. On the same day, ACT announced the launch of 100 Mbit/s plans.
On 30 March 2017, ACT launched 1 Gbit/s wired broadband plans in Hyderabad, becoming the first ISP in India to offer practically gigabit speeds. It also announced plans to introduce the gigabit speed to other cities. By July, the company was in talks with other ISP providers to increase its presence in the country, while also installing 1,000 WiFi hotspots in Hyderabad as part of the 'City WiFi Project'.
- "Overview". www.actcorp.in. Retrieved 27 October 2016.
- "ACT Fibernet Office Address". www.actcorp.in. Retrieved 27 October 2016.
- "Act Fibernet Management Team". www.actcorp.in. Retrieved 27 October 2016.
- "YuppTV and ACT Fibernet Partner to Delight Their Hyderabad Users | Business Wire". www.businesswire.com. Retrieved 27 October 2016.
- "The Indian Telecom Services Performance Indicator Report July - September 2016" (PDF). TRAI. Retrieved 17 February 2017.
- "TRAI press release" (PDF). TRAI. Retrieved 14 August 2017.
- KJ, Shashidhar (17 February 2015). "ACT Fibernet to roll out broadband services across India this year". MediaNama. Retrieved 27 October 2016.
- Kalavalapalli, Yogendra (16 February 2015). "ACT targeting 1 million subscribers in 12 months". Livemint. Retrieved 27 October 2016.
- "50K Ventures Launches In Hyderabad and Bengaluru, Plans To Invest Under $156K In Idea & Early Stage Startups - Inc42 Media". inc42.com. Retrieved 27 October 2016.
- "Atria plans to pump in Rs 500 crore, eyes 1 mn broadband subs". www.televisionpost.com. Retrieved 27 October 2016.
- Mukherjee, Riddhi (30 July 2014). "Updated: ACT Broadband rebranded as ACT Fibernet; To invest Rs 500 Crore to double its base". MediaNama. Retrieved 27 October 2016.
- "ACT Fibernet eyeing national broadband pie - The Economic Times". The Econofmic Times. Retrieved 27 October 2016.
- Kanth, K. Rajani (16 February 2015). "Atria Convergence Technologies targets one million customer base". Business Standard India. Retrieved 27 October 2016.
- "ACT Fibernet launches 1Gbps broadband service". The Economic Times. Retrieved 30 March 2017.
- "ACT Fibernet eyes acquisition to grow presence in India". The Economic Times. Retrieved 22 July 2017.