AACTA International Award for Best Actress
The AACTA International Award for Best Lead Actress is an award that is presented by the Australian Academy of Cinema and Television Arts (AACTA), for a performance by a female actor in a film made outside Australia. It was first handed out by the Academy after its establishment in 2011 by the Australian Film Institute (AFI). The winners and nominees for 2011 were determined by a jury. The award was presented at the inaugural AACTA International Awards in Los Angeles, on 27 January 2012.
|Best International Actress|
Current recipient: Olivia Colman
|Presented by||Australian Academy of Cinema and Television Arts (AACTA)|
|Currently held by||Olivia Colman, The Favourite (2018)|
Winners and nomineesEdit
In the following table, the winner is listed first, marked in a separate colour, and highlighted in boldface; the nominees are those that are listed below the winner and not highlighted or in boldface.
- †- indicates performance that won The Academy Award for Best Actress
- ‡- indicates performance that was nominated for The Academy Award for Best Actress.
- "AACTA - The Academy". Australian Academy of Cinema and Television Arts (AACTA). Retrieved 9 January 2012.[permanent dead link]
- Maddox, Gary (1 December 2011). "And the winner is ... the AFI". Smh.com.au. Retrieved 15 January 2012.
- Staff (15 January 2012). "AACTA International Award Nominees" (PDF). Australian Academy of Cinema and Television Arts (AACTA). Retrieved 17 January 2012.[dead link]