This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (April 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
A2Z Group is an engineering, procurement and construction company, headquartered in Gurgaon, India, in Haryana state. Its inception was in 2002, and as of 2011[update] had more than 31,000 staff members. The company has clients in the retail, government, infraservices and renewable energy sectors.
|Public (BSE: 533292, NSE: A2ZMES)|
|Industry||Electricity generation, EPC (contract) & waste management|
|Amit Mittal, (CMD)|
|Services||Facility management, infrastructure, waste-to-energy, water treatment, electronic waste, disaster management, travel.|
|Revenue||₹13.45 billion (US$190 million) (2011)|
Number of employees
A2Z was started by Mr. Amit Mittal in 2002. Initially the group began its operations in facility management, maintaining telecommunications towers for Vodafone India, reliance. Later, in 2008, it entered the engineering, procurement, and construction EPC (contract) business. The EPC business expanded with the acquisition and merger of Sri Eswara Sai Construction Private Limited, a company that installed transmission lines, in January 2008. A2Z later transferred its FMS business to its wholly owned subsidiary, A2Z Infraservices in the same year pursuant to a court-approved scheme of demerger. In August 2009 A2Z acquired Imatek from the same FMS industry.
In May 2010, A2Z's EPC business signed a contract to purchase the entire business of Surendra Choudhary & Brothers, a partnership that constructed electrical substations and did railway electrification work.
A2Z Group is dispersed across various locations in India and abroad, and has added many branches in the last 10 years, as listed below.
A2Z Infra Engineering Limited (Formerly Known as A2Z Maintenance & Engineering Services Limited)Edit
This branch is an Electrical Business Group (EBG) that provides smart energy saving solutions[buzzword] and innovative ways of reducing transmission & distribution losses in building distribution & transmission infrastructure. The company has successfully executed challenging projects in difficult terrains and extreme weather conditions in the states of Jammu and Kashmir, Arunachal Pradesh, Himachal Pradesh, Jharkhand, Rajasthan, Orissa, Kerala and Bihar. Their quality management system in the EPC business (T&D) is ISO 9001:2008 certified by Moody International Certification, which is valid until February 2013
A2Z Infraservices LimitedEdit
This branch is an integrated solution[buzzword] provider for asset management services—from identification of an asset to its lifetime maintenance for MNCs, Indian companies and the large government sector. They have been involved in engineering maintenance (mechanical, plumbing, electrical, HVAC, DG Set), energy saving solutions[buzzword], janitorial services, parking management, property lease management, telecommunications tower maintenance and security services to public and private sector clients. A2Z Infraservices was started in 2002, and started and generated a turnover of 29 Lakhs in the first year.
It is the first FMS ISO 9001 certified company, and is ESCO Certified. In 2005 it started in the railway business with South East Central Railway Zone in Bilaspur under the "Clean Train Station (CTS) Scheme". They provide services to the Indian Railways under the Clean Train Station ("CTS") scheme, the Intensive Rake Cleaning ("IRC") scheme and the On-Board Housekeeping Services ("OBHS") scheme in 11 out of 16 railway zones. It has recently acquired Mumbai based company CNCS.
A2Z has also acquired IL&FS Property Management & Services Ltd in a cash and stock deal. The deal to acquire IL&FS Property Management was done through its subsidiary A2Z Infraservices Ltd for a consideration of Rs 250 million. While Rs 70 million cash payment was made to IL&FS Infrastructure Equity Fund and IL&FS Employees Welfare Trust, the infrastructure major has also taken a 20% stake in A2Z Infraservices by way of stock swap. IL&FS Property Management had total revenues of Rs 900 million in FY10.
A2Z Infrastructure LimitedEdit
This branch has set up one of the largest single-location integrated resource recovery facilities (IRRF) in Asia, as well as setting up one of the first IRRF's with an ESCO focus. They have pioneered the concept of IRRF right from C&T (collection and transportation) to P&D (processing and disposal) by using all items that have not remained useful in their present form any longer. In India, so far, the projects are being done piecemeal. While C&T is done separately by different agencies, P&D is managed by the government through outsourcing model.
A2Z Powercom LimitedEdit
A2Z PowerCom focuses on waste-to-energy generation project conceptualisation, designing up until implementation and operation.
- A2Z Powertech Limited
- A2Z Water Solutions Limited
- A2Z E-Waste Management Limited is an asset disposition provider with locations in Delhi, Mumbai, Bengaluru and Hyderabad.
- A2Z International
- A2Z Admire is a disaster emergency management company headed by Arun Goyal.
- A2Z Travel Solutions
- "A2Z Group – Locations". Retrieved 6 February 2012.
- "A2Z Group". Retrieved 6 February 2012.
- "A2Z Group – Client List". Retrieved 6 February 2012.
- "A2Z Maintenance & Engineering Services". A2Z Maintenance & Engineering Services. Securities. Retrieved 8 February 2012.
- "A2Z Group – Financial Results". Retrieved 6 February 2012.
- "A2Z Group – Annual Turnover". Retrieved 6 February 2012.
- "Jhunjunwalla about his stake in A2Z". Nifty lower base at 5,550: Jhunjhunwala. Indian Express. Retrieved 8 February 2012.
- "Jhunjhunwala reaps big with A2Z". Jhunjhunwala reaps big with A2Z. Times of India. Archived from the original on 5 October 2014. Retrieved 8 February 2012.
- "EPC Business acquires Sri Eswara Sai Construction Private Limited". Retrieved 6 February 2012.
- "A2Z purchases entire business of Surendra Choudhary & Brothers". Archived from the original on 2 June 2012. Retrieved 6 February 2012.
- "Amit Mittal". Amit Mittal. VCCircle. Archived from the original on 19 April 2011. Retrieved 8 February 2012.
- "Executive Profile – Amit Mittal". Executive Profile – Amit Mittal. Business Week. Retrieved 8 February 2012.
- Emmanual, William. "A2Z Maintenance & Engineering Services". A2Z MES Site. Enziq Solutions. Retrieved 8 February 2012.
- Emmanual, William. "SEBI A2Z IPO Draft" (PDF). SEBI A2Z IPO Draft. Sebi. Archived from the original (PDF) on 31 January 2012. Retrieved 5 March 2012.
- Emmanual, William. "Project Specifications "Clean Train Station" Scheme" (PDF). Project Specifications "Clean Train Station" Scheme. IRSME-Website for Indian Railways Service of Mechanical Engineers. Archived from the original (PDF) on 24 April 2014. Retrieved 5 March 2012.
- Emmanual, William. "Green World Investor". Green World Investor. Green World Investor. Retrieved 5 March 2012.
- "A2Z acquires IL&FS". Reuters. Retrieved 5 March 2012.
- "A2Z Infrastructure Site". A2Z Infrastructure Site. Enziq Solutions. Retrieved 8 February 2012.
- "A2Z Infrastructure's Waste Management Project". Awareness campaign planned for waste management project. Indian Express. Retrieved 8 February 2012.
- "To handle 1.63 lakh kg waste during Games, OC to spend Rs 21 crore". Indian Express. Retrieved 8 February 2012.
- "A2Z Powercom Site". A2Z Powercom Site. Enziq Solutions. Archived from the original on 3 February 2012. Retrieved 8 February 2012.
- "A2Z eWaste Site". A2Z eWaste Site. Enziq Solutions. Archived from the original on 22 May 2013. Retrieved 8 February 2012.
- "A2Z ADMIRE site". A2Z ADMIRE site. Enziq Solutions. Archived from the original on 3 February 2012. Retrieved 8 February 2012.
- "Mrinal V. Gokhale, Managing Director at Enziq Solutions". Enziq. Retrieved 4 June 2013.
- "William Emmanual, Executive Director at Enziq Solutions Pvt. Ltd". Enziq. Retrieved 4 June 2013.
- "Mangesh V. Devikar, Executive Director at Enziq Solutions Pvt. Ltd". Retrieved 4 June 2013.