This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)
A M Turaz is an Indian Poet, lyricist, and script writer. He has worked in television, music albums and films. He has written the lyrics for a number of Bollywood films including Kudiyon Ka Hai Zamaana of 2007, The Unforgettable of 2009 and Guzaarish of 2010, with the songs "Aayat", "Kabhi Jo Baadal Barse", "Tera Zikr", "Udi" and "Tere Liye Mere Kareem" being the most well known. The musical album "We Indians - Sare Jahan se Achchha Hindustan Hamara" is directed by him. The songs "Ghoomar", "Binte Dil" and "Khalibali" from Padmaavat and Tum Na Aaye from Badla are written by him.
A M TURAZ
|Occupation||Lyricist, Poet & Film Writer|
Turaz started his career by writing for television in 2005. After writing scripts for soaps as assistant writer, his first assignment in Mumbai was writing lyrics for film Kudiyon Ka Hai Zamana in 2006. This was followed by Jail, Guzarish, Chakravyuh and Jackpot. His songs like "Udi.." and "Kabhi Jo Badal Barse" got lot of attention. Turaz written Chakravyuh song "Tata, Birla, Ambani". On this song producer Prakash Jha got legal notice from Birla and Ambani. He was criticised due to his lyrics in film Chakravyuh.
The following films feature lyrics by A. M. Turaz:
|Kudiyon Ka Hai Zamaana||2006|
|Khallas: The Beginning of End||2007|
|Guzaarish||Sanjay Leela Bhansali|
|Will You Marry Me|
|Jeet Lenge Jahan||2013|
|Baat Bann Gayi|
|Bajirao Mastani||2015||Sanjay Leela Bhansali||Lyricist|
|1:13:7 Ek Tera Saath||Arshad Siddiqui||Lyricist & Dialogue Writer|
|Direct Ishq||Rajiv S Ruia||Lyricist & Writer|
|Dil Jo Na Keh Saka||2017||Naresh Lalwani||Under Production NA|
|Tera Zikr (Single)||Abishek Sinha||Lyricist|
|Padmaavat||2018||Sanjay Leela Bhansali|
|Zindagi On The Rocks||TBA|
|Romeo Idiot Jathani Juliet|
|Bhula diya (Single)||2019||Krishna Marimuthu||Lyricist||The song is sung by Darshan Raval|
|Hume Tumse Pyaar Kitna||Lalit Mohan|
|Superstar||Mohammed Ehteshamuddin||Qawali part of the song Ghalat Fehmi in this Pakistani movie.|
|Album||Music Director||Presented by||Produced By||Directed By|
|Sun Zara||Yaseen Darbar||NA||NA||NA|
|Kahan Hai Tu||Yaseen Darbar||NA||NA||NA|
|Rasia Sajan||Ismail Darbar||NA||NA||NA|
|Kyon Kho Gaye||Reath Band||NA||NA||NA|
|We Indians||Singer Mohd. Danish||T-Series||Dr. Shabab Aalam||A.M Turaz|
- Central Board Of Film Certification
- Grameen Mukt Vidhyalayi Shiksha Sansthan(GMVSS),Delhi
- "A.M. Turaz Filmography". oneindia. 28 July 2014. Retrieved 28 July 2014.
- "A.M. Turaz". MyAnswer. 28 July 2014.
- "A M TURAZ IMBd". Imbd. 28 July 2014.
- "A M Turaz". Archived from the original on 21 April 2019. Retrieved 19 September 2014.
- "Ghoomar: 'Only God can now convince protesters,' says Ghoomar lyricist A M Turaz | Meerut News - Times of India". The Times of India.
- "Lyricist : A M Turaz : Lyrics and video of Hindi Film Songs - Page 1 of 1". HindiGeetMala.
- "Chakravyuh song taking a jibe at Tata, Ambani & others kicks up a storm; India Inc protests". The Economic Times. 26 September 2012.
- "Bata India Ltd. vs A.M. Turaz & Ors. on 15 October, 2012". Author: Kailash Gambhir. October 2012.
- "Birlas unite to send joint legal notice to Prakash Jha over 'Birla Tata' number". India TV. 6 October 2012.
- "Birlas Send Legal Notice on Chakravyuh Song". Jolyhoo. 6 October 2012. Archived from the original on 14 October 2014. Retrieved 17 September 2014.
- "BATA Caught in an IP chakravyuh". Ssrana News. 15 October 2012. Archived from the original on 31 January 2014. Retrieved 17 September 2014.
- "चक्रव्यूह में कसौटी पर उतरा संगीत". Prabhasakshi. Archived from the original on 15 October 2014.
- "बिड़ला घराने ने प्रकाश झा को नोटिस भेजा". Navbharat Times. 7 October 2012.
- "ऐ दिल, जबां न खोल, सिर्फ देख ले". The Patrika. 19 November 2013. Archived from the original on 22 February 2014. Retrieved 17 September 2014.
- "A. M. Turaz Songs, Songs Written by A. M. Turaz". LyricsOff.com.
- "MMA Mirchi Music Awards". MMAMirchiMusicAwards.
- Gurnam Singh Sodhi. "Lamhe (लम्हे) by poets corner". Goodreads.