A. M. Turaz
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
A.M. Turaz is an Indian poet, lyricist, and script writer. He has worked in television, music albums and films. He has written the lyrics for a number of Bollywood films including Kudiyon Ka Hai Zamaana of 2007, The Unforgettable of 2009 and Guzaarish of 2010. The songs Aayat", Kabhi Jo Baadal Barse, Tera Zikr, Udi and Tere Liye Mere Kareem being the most well known.The Musical Album We Indians, Sare Jahan se Achchha Hindustan Hamara is Directed by him.The songs Ghoomar, Binte Dil, Khalibali of Padmaavat are written by him and Tum na aye from Badla.
A. M. Turaz
A. M. Turaz at an event.
|Occupation||Lyricist, Poet & Film Writer|
- Central Board Of Film Certification
- Grameen Mukt Vidhyalayi Shiksha Sansthan(GMVSS),Delhi
Foreign Tours & ExperiencesEdit
A.M Turaz is a very dynamic and creative person. As his personality he is fond of interacting different types of people and culture. According to him the people are not differs to each other they have different type of thinking that is why Turaz like to visit other countries to learn new type of thinking. Turaz have been so many times in US, UK, CANADA, DUBAI, SAUDI ARABIA( Almost entire Gulf Countries). The various tests of Shayari and Songs are the reflection of his journey and experiences. One of his friend Dr. Shabab Aalam, Chairman Grameen Mukt Vidhyalayi Shiksha Sanstha(GMVSS), Delhi told that Turaz is a poet of unique type poesy (In Urdu & Hindi). As per the direction of Shayari Turaz uses so many rhyme scheme( Radif & Qaafiyaa) like “Udi neende ankho se, Judi rate Khwabo se, Mudi ye Jane Mai kahan” In the world no body ever used Qaafiyaa in first and last word of the couplet. Turaz touches emotions and captures mind by his magical words.
Turaz started his career by writing for television in 2005. After writing scripts for soaps as assistant writer, his first assignment in Mumbai was writing lyrics for film Kudiyon Ka Hai Zamana in 2006. This was followed by Jail, Guzarish, Chakravyuh and Jackpot. His songs like "Udi.." and "Kabhi Jo Badal Barse" got lot of attention. Turaz written Chakravyuh song "Tata, Birla, Ambani". On this song producer Prakash Jha got legal notice from Birla and Ambani. He was criticised due to his lyrics in film Chakravyuh.
The following films feature lyrics by A. M. Turaz:
|Kudiyon Ka Hai Zamaana||2006|
|Khallas: The Beginning of End||2007|
|Guzaarish||Sanjay Leela Bhansali|
|Will You Marry Me|
|Jeet Lenge Jahan||2013|
|Baat Bann Gayi|
|Bajirao Mastani||2015||Sanjay Leela Bhansali||Lyricist|
|1:13:7 Ek Tera Saath||Arshad Siddiqui||Lyricist & Dialogue Writer|
|Direct Ishq||Rajiv S Ruia||Lyricist & Writer|
|Dil Jo Na Keh Saka||2017||Naresh Lalwani||Under Production NA|
|Tera Zikr (Single)||Darshan Raval||Lyricist|
|Padmaavat||2018||Sanjay Leela Bhansali|
|Zindagi On The Rocks||TBA|
|Romeo Idiot Jathani Juliet|
|Bhula diya (Single)||2019||Krishna Marimuthu||Lyricist||The song is sung by Darshan Raval|
|Hume Tumse Pyaar Kitna||Lalit Mohan|
|Album||Music Director||Presented by||Produced By||Directed By|
|Sun Zara||Yaseen Darbar||NA||NA||NA|
|Kahan Hai Tu||Yaseen Darbar||NA||NA||NA|
|Rasia Sajan||Ismail Darbar||NA||NA||NA|
|Kyon Kho Gaye||Reath Band||NA||NA||NA|
|We Indians||Singer Mohd. Danish||T-Series||Dr. Shabab Aalam||A.M Turaz|
- "A.M. Turaz Filmography". oneindia. 28 July 2014. Retrieved 28 July 2014.
- "A.M. Turaz". MyAnswer. 28 July 2014.
- "A.M. Turaz IMBd". Imbd. 28 July 2014.
- "A.M.Turaz". Archived from the original on 21 April 2019. Retrieved 19 September 2014.
- "Mirchi Award Winner".
- "Lyricist : A M Turaz : Lyrics and video of Hindi Film Songs - Page 1 of 1". HindiGeetMala.
- "Chakravyuh song taking a jibe at Tata, Ambani & others kicks up a storm; India Inc protests". The Economic Times. 26 September 2012.
- "Bata India Ltd. vs A.M. Turaz & Ors. on 15 October, 2012". Author: Kailash Gambhir. October 2012.
- "Birlas unite to send joint legal notice to Prakash Jha over 'Birla Tata' number". India TV. 6 October 2012.
- "Birlas Send Legal Notice on Chakravyuh Song". Jolyhoo. 6 October 2012.
- "BATA Caught in an IP chakravyuh". Ssrana News. 15 October 2012.
- "चक्रव्यूह में कसौटी पर उतरा संगीत". Prabhasakshi. Archived from the original on 15 October 2014.
- "बिड़ला घराने ने प्रकाश झा को नोटिस भेजा". Navbharat Times. 7 October 2012.
- "ऐ दिल, जबां न खोल, सिर्फ देख ले". The Patrika. 19 November 2013. Archived from the original on 22 February 2014. Retrieved 17 September 2014.
- Gurnam Singh Sodhi. "Lamhe (लम्हे) by poets corner". Goodreads.
- "A. M. Turaz Songs, Songs Written by A. M. Turaz". LyricsOff.com.