A. J. Langer
Allison Joy Courtenay, Countess of Devon (née Langer, born May 22, 1974), commonly known as A. J. Langer, is an American former actress most notable for her role as Rayanne Graff on the television series My So-Called Life.
A. J. Langer
Allison Joy Langer
22 May 1974
Columbus, Ohio, U.S.
The 19th Earl of Devon (m. 2005)
|Children||Lady Joscelyn Courtenay; Jack Courtenay, Lord Courtenay|
After recurring roles on several television shows, including The Wonder Years and Drexell's Class, Langer was cast as Rayanne Graff on My So-Called Life. She also appeared in the cast of the sitcoms It's Like, You Know... and Three Sisters as well as the drama series Eyes. Her film appearances include John Carpenter's Escape From L.A. and Wes Craven's horror film The People Under the Stairs.
In 2011, after a six-year acting hiatus, Langer appeared in 14 episodes of Private Practice in the recurring role of Erica Warner. She left the show in 2012 following the death of her character.
Lady Devon was born as A.J. Langer in Columbus, Ohio, daughter of Deana, an audiologist who owned a hearing aid distribution company, and Gary Langer, who worked in sales for a wholesale fashion distributor. She moved to the San Fernando Valley with her family at age five, and began using her initials to join an all-boys baseball team three years later. She has one older brother, Kirk.
Langer married attorney Charles Courtenay, Lord Courtenay, the son of The 18th Earl of Devon, in a civil ceremony in 2004. A formal wedding took place on April 30, 2005, in Los Angeles, California. Until the death of her father-in-law, Langer held the courtesy title of Lady Courtenay. Following his death, and upon her husband's succession as 19th Earl of Devon, she assumed the title of Countess of Devon. In January 2014, Langer and Courtenay permanently relocated their family to London, and to the family seat at Powderham Castle in May 2015. The couple have two children, a daughter and a son:
- Lady Joscelyn Skye Courtenay (born January 31, 2007)
- Jack Haydon Langer Courtenay, Lord Courtenay (born August 2009).
Titles and stylesEdit
- 1974-2004: Miss Allison Joy Langer
- 2004-2015: Lady Courtenay
- 2015–present: The Right Honourable The Countess of Devon
- Drexell's Class (1991) – Melissa Drexell
- My So-Called Life (1994–95) – Rayanne Graff
- It's Like, You Know... (1999) – Lauren Woods
- Three Sisters (2001) – Anne Berstein Flynn
- I Love the '90s (2004) – Herself
- Eyes (2005) – Meg Bardo
- Private Practice (2011–12) – Erica Warner
Guest starring rolesEdit
- Parker Lewis Can't Lose (1991) – Melissa
- Baywatch (1991) – Caroline Larkin (2 episodes)
- Blossom (1992) – Sherry
- Hangin' with Mr. Cooper (1992) – Darlene
- Camp Wilder (1992) – Lydia
- In the Heat of the Night (1992) – Megan Fowler (2 episodes)
- The Wonder Years (1993) – Mary Jo Genaro
- Beverly Hills, 90210 (1993) – Denise
- Baywatch (1994) – Rachel/Nancy/Linda
- Coach (1995–96) – Julie (3 episodes)
- Diagnosis: Murder (1995) – Ashley York
- Seinfeld (1996) – Abby - "The Fatigues"
- Touched by an Angel (1997) – Olivia Marland
- Brooklyn South (1997–98) – Kathleen Doyle (9 episodes)
- Poltergeist: The Legacy (1998) – Elissa
- Fame L.A. (1998) – Emily Callaghan
- The Drew Carey Show (2002) – Dawn
- The People Under the Stairs (1991) – Alice
- And You Thought Your Parents Were Weird (1991) – Beth Allen
- Lightning in a Bottle (1993) – Mitzi Furber
- The Killing Box (1993) – Thomas, The Drummer Boy
- Arcade (1993) – Laurie
- Between Mother and Daughter (1995) – Carla
- Naomi & Wynona: Love Can Build a Bridge (1995) – Girl in the wheelchair
- Escape from L.A. (1996) – Utopia
- Meet the Deedles (1998) – Lt. Jesse Ryan
- On Edge (2001) – J.C. Cain
- Kristin's Christmas Past (2013) – Debby
- Return to Zork (1993) – Rebecca Snoot