Abul Hasnat Muhammad Khairuzzaman Liton (born 14 August 1959) is a Bangladesh Awami League presidium member who is also the mayor of Rajshahi City Corporation. He got a landslide victory in the 30 July 2018 Rajshahi City Corporation election. As per results of the total 138 polling centres, Liton bagged a total of 1,65,096 votes while his nearest contestant Bulbul got 77, 700 votes.
A. H. M. Khairuzzaman Liton
|এ. এইচ. এম. খায়রুজ্জামান লিটন|
|10th Mayor of Rajshahi|
|Assumed office |
30 July 2018
|Preceded by||Mosaddek Hossain Bulbul|
4 August 2008 – 15 June 2013
|Preceded by||Mizanur Rahman Minu|
|Succeeded by||Mosaddek Hossain Bulbul|
|Born||14 August 1959|
Rajshahi District, East Pakistan, Pakistan
|Political party||Bangladesh Awami League|
|Spouse||Shaheen Akhtar Reni|
|Alma mater||University of Calcutta|
Early life and educationEdit
Liton was born at Kadirganj in Rajshahi District on 14 August 1959. His father, A.H.M. Kamaruzzaman, was one of the national leaders of Bangladesh. He was a student of Rajshahi Collegiate School from class 3 to class 7. In 1976, he passed his HS Exam from Narendrapur Ramkrishna Mission. He completed his bachelor's from the University of Calcutta in English in 1979. He completed Bachelor of Laws from University of Rajshahi in 1983.
In 1985, Liton became a Bar Council Member. In 1986, he joined Bangladesh Awami League. He took part in the general elections in 1996 and 2001 from the constituency of Rajshahi-2 (Poba-Boalia). He was the president of Rajshahi City Awami League until he was nominated as AL presidium member.
- ^ "Bulbul wins Rajshahi Mayor race". bdnews24.com. 15 June 2013. Retrieved 16 July 2018.
- ^ BSS. "Khairuzzaman Liton made AL presidium member". Prothomalo. Retrieved 7 December 2021.
- ^ "Rajshahi City Election 2018. Liton wins RCC polls". The Daily Star. 30 July 2018. Retrieved 10 January 2022.
- ^ a b "Mayor's Profile". City portal of Rajshahi. Archived from the original on 19 July 2014. Retrieved 22 May 2013.
- ^ Bangladeshinfo. "Khairuzzaman Liton made Awami League Presidium Member". www.bangladeshinfo.com. Retrieved 7 December 2021.