A. J. Buckley
Alan John "A. J." Buckley (born February 9, 1977) is an Irish–Canadian actor. He is best known for playing Adam Ross on CSI:NY (2005-2013), Sonny on SEAL Team (2017-present) and for playing Ed on Supernatural (2006-2014). And for his movie roles, such as The Box (2007), Home Sweet Hell (2015), and for the voice of Nash in The Good Dinosaur (2015).
A. J. Buckley
Alan John Buckley
February 9, 1977
|Other names||AJ Buckley|
|Partner(s)||Abigail Ochse (2010–present; engaged)|
Buckley appeared in the 1998 thriller science fiction film, Disturbing Behavior, alongside actress Katie Holmes. In 2001 he starred in an indie film Extreme Days a comedy-drama-romance flick. In 2005, Buckley was offered the part of Adam Ross on the hit crime drama CSI: NY. The part was supposed to be a recurring role, but by the end of the show's third season in 2007 he was offered a five-year contract. Before receiving the role of Adam Ross, Buckley had appeared as a different character on the original CSI: Crime Scene Investigation in a 2004 episode.
In 2006, the film Jimmy and Judy was released. When the CSI: NY episode featuring Buckley aired in 2006, director Randall K. Rubin called Buckley to discuss the success of an episode of CSI: NY, entitled "Down the Rabbit Hole" and the internet activity it had generated for Buckley. Harold Whaley, program director for Urban Network, suggested the idea of an in-world premiere featuring Buckley as a guest host and panelist for a post screening Q&A.
Buckley proposed to his girlfriend of two years, Abigail Ochse on December 31, 2012 while on vacation in Hawaii. On September 3, 2013 Buckley announced they were expecting a baby girl. The couple welcomed daughter Willow Phoenix Buckley on January 19, 2014. On October 24, 2014 while in New Zealand, Buckley fractured his arm and leg while running away during a "scare event." Buckley had twins on March 5, 2018 (Ranger Joseph and Bodhi Robert)
|1998||Disturbing Behavior||Charles "Chug" Roman|
|2000||The In Crowd||Wayne|
|XCU: Extreme Close Up||Terrance 'T-Bone' Tucker|
|Extreme Days||Will Davidson|
|2002||Scream at the Sound of the Beep||Peter|
|2004||In Enemy Hands||U.S.S. Swordfish: Medical Officer|
|Wild Roomies||Reno Rizzolla|
|2006||Jimmy and Judy||Buddy|
|You Did What?||Greg Porter|
|Happy Feet||Additional Voices|
|Walking Tall: The Payback||Harvey Morris|
|2007||The Last Sin Eater||Angor Forbes|
|The Box||Danny Schamus|
|Christmas Mail||Matt Sanders|
|2011||Doomsday Prophecy||Eric Fox|
|2015||Home Sweet Hell||Murphy|||
|2015||The Good Dinosaur||Nash||Voice role|
|1994||The Disappearance of Vonnie||Robbie||TV movie|
|1995||Are You Afraid of the Dark?||Lonnie||1 episode: "The Tale of the Manaha"|
|1996||The X Files||The 'Dude'||1 episode: "War of the Coprophages"|
|1997||Millennium||Josh Comstock||1 episode: "Weeds" (uncredited)|
|North of 60||Ricky||1 episode: "Ghosts"|
|1998||Night Man||1 episode: "It Came from Out of the Sky"|
|1999||In a Class of His Own||Jake Matteson||TV movie|
|2000||NYPD Blue||Roger Lundquist||1 episode: "Goodbye Charlie"|
|2001||Jack & Jill||Mitch||1 episode: "And Nothing But the Truth"|
|Motocrossed||Jimmy Bottles||TV movie|
|Murphy's Dozen||Sean Murphy||TV movie|
|2002||Haunted||Brian Hewitt||1 episode: "Grievous Angels"|
|2003||Without a Trace||Richie Dobson||1 episode: "Underground Railroad"|
|The District||Gaines||1 episode: "The Kindness of Strangers"|
|Silent Warnings||Layne Vossimer||TV movie|
|2004||CSI: Crime Scene Investigation||Ted Martin||1 episode: "Crow's Feet"|
|The Collector||The Devil / Bill Diggs||1 episode: "The Old Man"|
|2005||Manticore||Pvt. Sulley||TV movie|
|Fat Actress||McG Stand-In||1 episode: "Charlies Angels or Too Pooped to Pop"|
|2005–13||CSI: NY||Adam Ross||141 episodes as credited, but didn't actually appear in all of them|
|2006–14||Supernatural||Ed Zeddmore||5 episodes: "Hell House", "Ghostfacers", "It's a Terrible Life", "Hammer of the Gods", "#THINMAN"|
|2007||Entourage||Dave||1 episode: "Snow Job"|
|Bones||Dan||1 episode: "The Glowing Bones in 'The Old Stone House'"|
|2008–09||Wolverine and the X-Men||Toad / Mortimer Toynbee||4 episodes: "Hindsight: Part 2", "Time Bomb", "Battle Lines", "Backlash" (voice only)|
|2009||The Super Hero Squad Show||Toad, Klaw, Batroc the Leaper||4 episodes: "Hulk Talk Smack!", "A Brat Walks Among Us", "Deadly Is the Black Widow's Bite", "Stranger from a Savage Land" (voice only)|
|2012||Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles||Pete||Recurring|
|2012||Flashpoint||Harold Beamer||1 episode: "Fit for Duty"|
|2013||Longmire||Keith Dixon||1 episode: "Natural Order"|
|2014||Justified||Danny Crowe||9 episodes|
|2015||The Mentalist||Aaron "Ace" Brunell||1 episode: "Nothing Gold Can Stay"|
|Murder in the First||Marty 'Junior' Mulligan||Main cast; Season 2|
|Narcos||Kevin Brady||1 episode: "Descenso"|
|Blue Bloods||Sgt. Mulvey||1 episode |
|Hawaii Five-0||Julius Brennan||1 episode, Season 5, Episode 15|
|2017||Pure||Det. Bronco Novak||Main cast; Season 1|
|2017–present||SEAL Team||Sonny||Main cast;|
|2010–2011||Ghostfacers||Ed Zeddmore||11 episodes|
|2015||Disney Infinity 3.0||Nash|||
- Chen, Joyce (January 2, 2013). "A. J. Buckley, CSI: NY Star, Proposes to Girlfriend Abigail Ochse During Hawaiian Holiday". Us Weekly. Retrieved January 2, 2013.
- "Seal Team actor AJ Buckley and fiancee Abigail Ochse welcome twin sons Ranger Joseph and Bodhi Robert". People. Retrieved 2018-04-05.
- "A.J. Buckley: Biography, Latest News & Videos". TV Guide. Retrieved January 26, 2009.
- "A.J. Buckley". CBS. Retrieved 2020-12-21.
- Levine, Sheri (January 26, 2009). "A.J. Buckley's blinding fans with science" Archived November 6, 2012, at the Wayback Machine. Canwest News Service. Retrieved February 11, 2009.
- "A.J. Buckley--CSI: NY". CTV. Retrieved February 11, 2009.
- De Leon, Kris (August 22, 2007). "A.J. Buckley Becomes a Regular on CSI: NY". BuddyTV. Retrieved February 11, 2009.
- CSI: NY star AJ Buckley says strike 'hurting everybody'"[dead link]. CTV. Retrieved February 11, 2009.
- "Jimmy and Judy and Second Life Hit The Big Screen". (January 8, 2008). Urban Network. Retrieved February 11, 2009.
- Takeda, Allison (September 3, 2013). "A.J. Buckley, CSI: NY Star, Expecting Baby Girl With Fiancee Abigail Ochse". US Weekly. Retrieved September 4, 2013.
- Ossad, Jordana (January 19, 2014). "Justified Star A. J. Buckley Welcomes Daughter Willow Phoenix". E! Online. Retrieved January 19, 2014.
- Nzherald, (October 29, 2014) .
- release, Official. "ESPN and NBA announce celebrity rosters and coaches for 2019 NBA All-Star Celebrity Game presented by Ruffles exclusively on ESPN". NBA.com. Retrieved 2019-02-24.
- Buckley, A. J. (December 2011/January 2012). "Before the Scene: Peter Bogdanovich". Scene (Louisiana's Entertainment Magazine), p. 20. Retrieved February 14, 2012.
- Mitovich, Matt Webb (2 October 2015). "Blue Bloods Recruits AJ Buckley to Clash With Jamie Reagan". TVLine. Retrieved 19 November 2018.
- Avalanche Software. Disney Infinity 3.0. Scene: Closing credits, 5:39 in, Featuring the Voice Talents of.