This article does not cite any sources. (December 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
The 940s BC is a decade which lasted from 949 BC to 940 BC.
|Millennium:||1st millennium BC|
Events and trendsEdit
- 949 BC Mahaparinirvana of the historical Buddha Shakyamuni Siddharta, according to far eastern schools of Buddhism .
- 947 BC—Death of Zhou mo wang, King of the Zhou Dynasty of China.
- 946 BC—Zhou gong wang becomes King of the Zhou Dynasty of China.
- 945 BC—Egypt: Psusennes III dies, the last king of the Twenty-first Dynasty. Shoshenq I succeeds him, the founder of the Twenty-second Dynasty.
- 940 BC—The Temple of Solomon was finished being built.
- Adad-nirari II, king of Assyria, is born (approximate date).
- Nadab, king of Israel, is born (approximate date).
- Abijah, king of Judah, is born (approximate date).
- Asa, king of Judah, is born (approximate date).
|This BC year article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|