8th Motorized Infantry Brigade (Greece)
This article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2010)
The 8th Motorized Infantry Brigade (Greek: 8η Μηχανοποιημένη Ταξιαρχία Πεζικού, 8η Μ/Π ΤΑΞ ΠΖ) is a motorized infantry brigade of the Hellenic Army. Based in Ioannina, it is one of the most historic units of the Hellenic Army, tracing its ancestry to the 8th Infantry Division (Greek: VIII Μεραρχία Πεζικού).
|8th Motorized Infantry Brigade|
|8η Μηχανοποιημένη Ταξιαρχία Πεζικού (8η Μ/Π ΤΑΞ ΠΖ)|
|Active||2013 - Present|
|Part of||III Army Corps|
|Anniversaries||28 October 1940|
|Engagements||Battle of Elaia–Kalamas Greco-Italian War|
Divisional HQ and support unitsEdit
- HQ Company (ΛΣ VIII Μ/Π ΤΑΞ ΠΖ) based at Ioannina.
- 708th Engineer Battalion (708ο ΤΜΧ)
- 708th Logistic Battalion (708ο ΤΥΠ)
- 8th Reconnaissance Squadron (8η ΕΑΝ), located in Kalpaki.
- 628th Mechanized Infantry Battalion (628 M/Κ ΤΠ) based at Filiates.
- 583rd Mechanized Infantry Battalion (583 M/Κ ΤΠ) based at Konitsa.
- 625th Mechanized Infantry Battalion Recruit Training Center-Special Training Center (625 Μ/Π ΤΠ KEN-ΕΚΕ) located at Ioannina.
- Ε.Σ. και Νέα Δομή Δυνάμεων: Ο «Μεγάλος Ασθενής» αναζητά θεραπεία. e-amyna.gr (in Greek). 23 June 2014. Archived from the original on 28 June 2014. Retrieved 1 July 2014.