88th Fighter Training Squadron
(Redirected from 88th Flying Training Squadron)
|88th Flying Training Squadron|
Squadron Northrop T-38 Talon
|Branch||United States Air Force|
|Part of||Air Education and Training Command|
|Garrison/HQ||Sheppard Air Force Base|
|Decorations||Distinguished Unit Citation |
Air Force Outstanding Unit Award
|88th Flying Training Squadron emblem (approved 18 July 1995)|
World War IIEdit
- Activated on 9 February 1942
- Redesignated 88th Fighter Squadron on 15 May 1942
- Redesignated 88th Fighter Squadron (Single Engine) on 1 July 1942
- Redesignated 88th Fighter Squadron, Single Engine on 28 February 1944
- Inactivated on 3 November 1945
- Redesignated 88th Flying Training Squadron on 25 May 1972
- Activated on 1 Jan 1973
- Redesignated 88th Fighter Training Squadron' on 18 October 2007
- 80th Fighter Group, 9 February 1942 – 3 November 1945
- 80th Flying Training Wing, 1 January 1973
- 80th Operations Group, 2 January 1988 – present
- Kane, Robert B. (11 June 2009). "Factsheet 88 Fighter Training Squadron (AETC)". Air Force Historical Research Agency. Retrieved 15 October 2016.
- Maurer, Maurer, ed. (1983) . Air Force Combat Units of World War II (PDF) (reprint ed.). Washington, DC: Office of Air Force History. ISBN 0-912799-02-1. LCCN 61060979.
- Maurer, Maurer, ed. (1982) . Combat Squadrons of the Air Force, World War II (PDF) (reprint ed.). Washington, DC: Office of Air Force History. ISBN 0-405-12194-6. LCCN 70605402. OCLC 72556.
- Ravenstein, Charles A. (1984). Air Force Combat Wings, Lineage & Honors Histories 1947-1977 (PDF). Washington, DC: Office of Air Force History. ISBN 0-912799-12-9.