The 7th National Assembly of the Federal Republic of Nigeria is a bicameral legislature inaugurated on June 6, 2011 and the assembly will run its course till June 6, 2015. The assembly comprises the Senate and the House of Representatives. The House of Representative consists of 360 elected members and the Senate, a total of 109 members from which 73 were newly elected and 36 were re-elected across the 6 geopolitical zones of Nigeria.David Mark, the Senate President of the 6th National Assembly was re-elected on the platform of People's Democratic Party and Aminu Waziri Tambuwal, the Speaker of the House of Representatives was also re-elected on the same platform following the April 11, general election.
|7th National Assembly|
|Meeting place||National Assembly Complex|
|Term||June 6, 2011 – June 6, 2015|
|Election||Nigerian general election, 2011|
|Senate President||David Mark|
|Party control||People's Democratic Party|
|House of Representatives|
|Speaker of the House||Aminu Waziri Tambuwal|
|Party control||All Progressive Congress|
Officers of the SenateEdit
The table below outlined the Principal Officers of the Senate.
|David Mark||Senate President||PDP||Benue State|
|Ike Ekweremadu||Deputy Senate President||PDP||Enugu State|
|Victor Ndoma Egba||Majority Leader Senate||PDP||Cross River|
|Ahmed Abdul Ningi||Deputy Majority Leader Senate||PDP||Bauchi State|
|George Akume||Minority leader Senate||APC||Benue State|
|Ahmad Rufa'i Sani||Deputy Minority Leader Senate||APC||Zamfara State|
|Amelio Oladele Bello||Deputy Chief Whip Senate||PDP||Oyo State|
|Ganiyu Olarewaju Solomon||Minority Whip Senate||APC||Lagos State|
|Bello Hayatu Gwarzo||Chief Whip Senate||PDP||Kano|
Officers of the House of RepresentativeEdit
- Rt. Hon. Aminu Waziri Tambuwal – Speaker House of Representatives
- Rt. Hon. Emeka Ihedioha – Deputy Speaker House of Representatives
- Hon. Mulikat Akande Adeola – House Leader
- Hon. Ishaka Mohammed Bawa -Majority Whip
- Hon. Leonard Okuweh Ogor -Deputy House Leader
- Hon. Ahmed Mukhtar Mohammed – Deputy Chief Whip
- Hon. Femi Gbajabiamila – Minority Leader
- Hon. Samson Raphael Osagie – Minority Whip
- Hon. Kawu Sumaila – Deputy Minority Leader
- Hon. Garba Datti Muhammad – Deputy Minority Whip
- Our Correspondent. "New Telegraph – 3rd Session: 7th Senate's scorecard". newtelegraphonline.com. Retrieved 19 April 2015.
- "New Senate President, House Speaker Emerge Next Monday". TheNigerianVoice. Retrieved 19 April 2015.
- "The upper Legislative Arm of the National Assembly". Senatorarise.com. Archived from the original on 23 February 2015. Retrieved 20 April 2015.
- "David's Marks at three". Vanguard News. Retrieved 19 April 2015.
- "SARAKI to succeed DAVID MARK as Senate President". Encomium Magazine. Retrieved 19 April 2015.