7th Berlin International Film Festival
The 7th annual Berlin International Film Festival was held from 21 June to 2 July 1957. The International Federation of Film Critics awarded FIPRESCI Award first time at the festival this year. The Golden Bear was awarded to the American film 12 Angry Men directed by Sidney Lumet.
|Location||West Berlin, Germany|
|Awards||Golden Bear (12 Angry Men)|
|Festival date||21 June – 2 July 1957|
The following people were announced as being on the jury for the festival:
Films in competitionEdit
† Winner of the main award for best film in its section
The following prizes were awarded by the Jury:
- Golden Bear: 12 Angry Men by Sidney Lumet
- Silver Bear for Best Director: Mario Monicelli for Padri e figli
- Silver Bear for Best Actress: Yvonne Mitchell for Woman in a Dressing Gown
- Silver Bear for Best Actor: Pedro Infante for Tizoc
- Silver Bear Extraordinary Prize of the Jury: Amanecer en Puerta Oscura by José María Forqué
- Silver Bear Extraordinary Prize of the Jury: Kabuliwala by Tapan Sinha
- FIPRESCI Award
- OCIC Award
- "7th Berlin International Film Festival". berlinale.de. Retrieved 28 December 2009.
- "PRIZES & HONOURS 1957". berlinale.de. Archived from the original on 4 April 2014. Retrieved 7 June 2014.
- "JURIES 1957". berlinale.de. Archived from the original on 23 October 2013. Retrieved 7 June 2014.
- "PROGRAMME 1957". berlinale.de. Archived from the original on 9 November 2013. Retrieved 7 June 2014.