697th Aircraft Control and Warning Squadron
This article includes a list of references, related reading or external links, but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations. (December 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
The 697th Aircraft Control and Warning Squadron is an inactive United States Air Force unit. It was last assigned to the Oklahoma City Air Defense Sector, Aerospace Defense Command, stationed at Pyote Air Force Station, Texas. It was inactivated on 1 August 1963.
|697th Aircraft Control and Warning Squadron|
Emblem of the 697th Aircraft Control and Warning Squadron
|Branch||United States Air Force|
|Type||General Radar Surveillance|
The unit was a General Surveillance Radar squadron providing for the air defense of the United States.
- Established as the 697th Aircraft Control and Warning Squadron
- Activated on 8 December 1956
- Inactivated on 1 August 1963
- Kirtland AFB, New Mexico, 8 December 1956
- Pyote AFS, Texas, 21 February 1957 – 1 August 1963
- Cornett, Lloyd H. and Johnson, Mildred W., A Handbook of Aerospace Defense Organization 1946 - 1980,  Office of History, Aerospace Defense Center, Peterson AFB, CO (1980).
- Winkler, David F. & Webster, Julie L., Searching the Skies, The Legacy of the United States Cold War Defense Radar Program,  US Army Construction Engineering Research Laboratories, Champaign, IL (1997).